[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 29 06:31:30 CST 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope your week is going well and for those of you on the East Coast, you are trying to get back to some sort of normalcy. Looking at the pictures on the news of iced over, snow covered houses with freezing temperatures certainly makes us appreciate living here...although most seem to just accept it as part of the environment you live in without much complaining...there are allot of changes going on at KSC as the Center transitions to a more commercial space port with different agendas...it looks like I will have a pretty good opportunity to move on to something new....hopefully spending allot more time with the school program. I will know for sure in the next few weeks but I want to start transitioning everything away from what I do from KSC to strictly doing everything from home...my home email is fordgabe at netzero.com<mailto:fordgabe at netzero.com> or you can reach me through spacetalk at educatemotivate.com<mailto:spacetalk at educatemotivate.com> ...tomorrow I will be going to two schools, Garner and Lake Alfred Elementary schools...it is always fun and my favorite thing to do...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, smile and have fun...gabe

Be sure to check this out and share with the kids.... NASA's New 3DV App https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QtuhB6fgB8

Hubble Ultra Deep Field 3D  see the attachment below for an amazing look through space...it takes about 4 minutes to view but will make you think :)

What happens when you point the Hubble Space Telescope to a seemingly blank patch of sky? A view that takes you to the edge of the universe!

"Awesome" doesn't begin to describe it. Every galaxy in the image is in its proper distance as viewed from the telescope line of sight.
Also see Hubble Deep Field<http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-deep-field.htm>

        Cool Jobs and Careers: Videos from Kids.gov
        [http://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/USAGOV/2015/01/427176/kids-gov-video_original.png] <http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/jobs/federal-wildlife-officer/index.shtml>
 Kids.gov makes a lot of great videos<http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/index.shtml>. One series is about cool jobs and careers<http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/jobs/index.shtml> that may spark your children's interest. This one is about a Federal Wildlife Officer with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service<http://1.usa.gov/1fwZXkd>.
Learn about his typical day at the "office" and the people and animals he gets to work with and help. Then, check out some of the other careers and jobs like marine biologists<http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/jobs/marine-biologist/index.shtml>, pilots<http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/jobs/marine-pilot/index.shtml>, and even the White House Chef<http://kids.usa.gov/watch-videos/jobs/white-house-chef/index.shtml>!

NASA Spinoff 2015 Features Space Technology Making Life Better on Earth
        [https://img.youtube.com/vi/oWCWwEv_LcI/0.jpg] <https://www.youtube.com/embed/oWCWwEv_LcI?enablejsapi=1&rel=0>
Click this link or the image above to view the video<https://www.youtube.com/embed/oWCWwEv_LcI?enablejsapi=1&rel=0>
NASA Spinoff 2015
Image Credit: NASA
NASA technologies are being used to locate underground water in some of the driest places on the Earth, build quieter and more fuel-efficient airplanes, and create shock absorbers that brace buildings in earthquakes.
The 2015 edition of NASA's annual Spinoff publication highlights these and other technologies whose origins lie in space exploration, but now have broader applications.
[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/226xvariable_height/public/15-009_spin-off_image_0.jpg]<http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/15-009_spin-off_image_0.jpg>
"The game-changing technologies NASA develops to push the envelope of space exploration also improve our everyday lives," said NASA Chief Technologist David Miller. "Spinoff 2015 is filled with stories that show there is more space in our lives than we think."
Spinoff 2015 tells the story of shock absorbers used during space shuttle launches that are now being used to brace buildings during earthquakes, preventing damage and saving lives. The book also features a NASA-simplified coliform bacteria test that is being used to monitor water quality in rural communities around the world, as well as cabin pressure monitors that alert pilots when oxygen levels are approaching dangerously low levels in their aircraft.
Published every year since 1976, Spinoff offers a close-up look at how NASA's initiatives in aeronautics and space exploration have resulted in technologies with commercial and societal benefits across the economy, in areas such as health and medicine; transportation; public safety; consumer goods; energy and environment; information technology; and industrial productivity. These spinoffs contribute to the country's economic growth by generating billions of dollars in revenue and creating thousands of jobs.
"NASA enjoys a large and varied technology portfolio unlike any other in existence," said Daniel Lockney, NASA's Technology Transfer program executive. "And the range of successful technology transfer documented in Spinoff each year is as diverse as NASA's many science and exploration missions."
The publication also includes a "Spinoffs of Tomorrow" section showcasing 20 industry-ready NASA technologies -- from smart coatings that protect metal from corrosion to an identity verification system that uses the human heartbeat as a "fingerprint" -- that are all available for licensing.
NASA's Technology Transfer Program is charged with finding the widest possible applications of agency technology. Through partnerships and licensing agreements with industry, the program ensures NASA's investments in pioneering research find secondary applications that benefit the economy, create jobs, and improve quality of life.
Print copies of Spinoff 2015 can be requested free of cost on the Spinoff website, where digital versions of the book also can be downloaded.
An iPad version of Spinoff 2015, including multimedia and interactive features, also is available for download in the Apple iTunes store.
Spinoff 2015 is available online at:
http://spinoff.nasa.gov
For more information about NASA's Technology Transfer Program, visit:
http://technology.nasa.gov