[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 31 06:51:17 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 It has been an interesting week...trying to get settled back after the amazing trip to Qatar, trying to get caught up with everything that came in as well as, oddly enough, everything that was already in "the pile" was still there :) no magical completion of anything....I never get tired of being here, Thursday there was a spectacular Atlas V launch...the sky was so blue, not a cloud anywhere, and it lifted off right on time...I've included a link with some photos... Atlas V Launch Photos 10-29-14<https://plus.google.com/photos/105544358186546315627/albums/6075682650228030289?authkey=CMnOnZOEitXtCw> I've added so many new members to our group email, I've included the link to find out when you can see it pass over your home...also, you can go to the subject link for all the latest as well as great movies, educational info (by grade), and games for the kids....I wish you a wonderful day...we have to remember we can never control what will happen but we can always control how we deal with it....to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile & have fun! Gabe

Spot The Station
 <http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/>
Get email or text alerts for ISS sighting opportunities near you.
> Learn More<http://spotthestation.nasa.gov>

<http://www.nasa.gov/content/fifteen-years-of-nasas-chandra-x-ray-observatory>

Fifteen Years of NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory
This Chandra X-ray Observatory image of the Hydra A galaxy cluster was taken on Oct. 30, 1999<http://chandra.si.edu/photo/1999/0087/>, with the Advanced CCD Imaging Spectrometer (ACIS) in an observation that lasted about six hours. Hydra A is a galaxy cluster that is 840 million light years from Earth. The cluster gets its name from the strong radio source, Hydra A, that originates in a galaxy near the center of the cluster. Optical observations show a few hundred galaxies in the cluster. Chandra X-ray observations reveal a large cloud of hot gas that extends throughout the cluster. The gas cloud is several million light years across and has a temperature of about 40 million degrees in the outer parts decreasing to about 35 million degrees in the inner region.
NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory was launched into space fifteen years ago<http://www.nasa.gov/chandra/news/chandra-15th-anniversary.html> aboard the Space Shuttle Columbia. Since its deployment on July 23, 1999, Chandra has helped revolutionize our understanding of the universe through its unrivaled X-ray vision. Chandra, one of NASA's current "Great Observatories," along with the Hubble Space Telescope and Spitzer Space Telescope, is specially designed to detect X-ray emission from hot and energetic regions of the universe.

<http://www.nasa.gov/aero/the-warm-glow-of-mach3>

The Warm Glow of Mach 3
The Flight Loads Laboratory at NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center is celebrating 50 years. It sprang into existence during the era of the X-15 rocket plane and the
YF-12 and SR-71 Blackbirds, and was dedicated to testing the latest in high-speed flight.
In this image from 1971, the YF-12 forebody's radiant heating system is being tested at the Flight Loads Laboratory under conditions experienced at Mach 3, or three times the speed of sound, over 2,000 miles an hour. Eventually the entire airframe was tested in the lab, always with the goal to collect data, validate parts and reduce risk to the aircraft and the pilots who flew them.
Image credit: NASA
Read More About the Flight Loads Laboratory Anniversary<http://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/FLL_50th_anniversary.html>
Read About Modern Aeronautics <http://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/ACTE_G-III_loads_test.html>

'Light' from dead galaxies! @NASA_Hubble<https://twitter.com/NASA_Hubble> sees glow of stars from ancient galaxies: http://go.nasa.gov/1wij9xQ <http://t.co/ciybLROjsm> pic.twitter.com/qbpVuGQeC1<http://t.co/qbpVuGQeC1>
<https://twitter.com/NASA/status/528019724731707392/photo/1>