[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 28 08:00:14 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I know it has been a couple of weeks since I have written but my visit to Doha, Qatar was absolutely amazing!!!! Every facet of it was so very special...the US Embassy personnel were so very helpful. Each presentation, which consisted of a setup of models, posters, and displays to be viewed & discussed for an hour, then my presentation for an hour, and an hour of questions while also mingling with the guests/students... each was so amazing...I was somewhat apprehensive going in....the Embassy had made a big promotion of the presentation... I felt expectations were very high...how would I relate to the students/audience? Would they accept me into their world? I was doing a presentation I had never done before...I knew I was representing The Embassy & NASA and it was important to for me to make sure I did so in a very positive way...all questions I never have so it was the ultimate challenge...but I basically just stayed myself, had fun with each audience, and it could not have gone better....the kids were fantastic, just like kids all over the world...I had so much fun with them, especially the girls who I was told would be shy and not very active....wrong...just the opposite...now I have many, many more facebook friends... :)  I posted pictures on Facebook, Gabe Gabrielle, for those of you who would like to see more of this amazing adventure.....I just got back to work yesterday so I've been trying to catch up :) Wishing you all a wonderful day. We have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile & have fun! Gabe

Doha, Qatar

<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasa-s-chandra-observatory-identifies-impact-of-cosmic-chaos-on-star-birth/index.html>
Chandra Identifies Impact of Chaos on Star Birth
 <http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasa-s-chandra-observatory-identifies-impact-of-cosmic-chaos-on-star-birth/index.html>
The phenomenon of turbulence may be the solution to a long-standing mystery about stars' birth, or the absence of it, according to a new study using data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. "We knew that somehow the gas in clusters is being heated to prevent it cooling and forming stars. The question was exactly how," said Irina Zhuravleva of Stanford University, who led the study. "We think we may have found evidence that the heat is channeled from turbulent motions, which we identify from signatures recorded in X-ray images."

<http://blogs.nasa.gov/orbital/>
Tuesday Launch Attempt Set for Orbital Antares
 <http://blogs.nasa.gov/orbital/>
The next launch attempt for Orbital Sciences' Antares rocket with its Cygnus cargo spacecraft is scheduled for 6:22 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, Oct. 28 from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia. Cygnus will carry some 5,000 pounds of supplies and experiments to the International Space Station. Monday's launch attempt was scrubbed because of a boat down range in the trajectory Antares would have flown had it lifted off. NASA TV coverage will begin Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/one-giant-sunspot-6-substantial-flares/index.html>
One Giant Sunspot, 6 Substantial Flares
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/one-giant-sunspot-6-substantial-flares/index.html>
A giant active region on the sun erupted on Oct. 26, 2014, with its sixth substantial flare since Oct. 19. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which watches the sun constantly, captured images of the event. Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation. They can't physically affect humans on the ground, but -- when intense enough -- can disturb the atmosphere where GPS and communications