[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri May 16 06:45:34 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope everything is going great, I've been fighting a cold and bad sore throat all week so the visit to Oakleaf HS was a bit challenging but went well...the students were in smaller groups 40-50 and from an Aerospace Technology curriculum. HSs in the US are very tough so to have the kids stay pretty much focused was a plus, one girl told me it was the first time she stayed awake during a presentation :) As I said, they are tough audiences :) I would like to thank Steve for all his support as we had mix ups with dates and times yet he stayed so positive and rolled with the changes. I wish you all a fun day and weekend ahead...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun! gabe

NASA's Hubble Shows Jupiter's Great Red Spot is Smaller than Ever Measured<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNTE1LjMyMjEwMjcxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDUxNS4zMjIxMDI3MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODc4NjU3JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/may/nasas-hubble-shows-jupiters-great-red-spot-is-smaller-than-ever-measured> Jupiter's trademark Great Red Spot -- a swirling anti-cyclonic storm larger than Earth -- has shrunk to its smallest size ever measured.

International Space Station Science, New Crew Mission highlighted in Back-to-Back NASA TV Programs<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNTE0LjMyMTg4MTkxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDUxNC4zMjE4ODE5MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODc4MTczJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/may/international-space-station-science-new-crew-mission-highlighted-in-back-to-back-nasa> Scientific research to prepare astronauts to venture farther into the solar system than ever before and provide real benefits to life on Earth happens every day aboard the International Space Station (ISS). Starting at 3:30 p.m. EDT Wednesday, May 21, join NASA, the current space station commander and a panel of experts as they discuss current and future research aboard this one-of-a-kind orbiting laboratory.

<http://www.nasa.gov/content/botanical-studies-dragon-departure-preps-for-station-crew/index.html>
Space Station Crew Prepares for Dragon Departure
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/botanical-studies-dragon-departure-preps-for-station-crew/index.html>
On Sunday, SpaceX's Dragon cargo craft is set to be detached from the Earth-facing side of the International Space Station's Harmony module and unberthed through commands sent by robotic ground controllers at mission control in Houston, operating the Canadarm 2 robotic arm. Dragon will be carrying 3,500 pounds of NASA science samples and cargo when it splashes down for recovery off the coast of California at 3:02 p.m. EDT.

Expedition 39 Landing<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNTE1LjMyMjE0MjMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDUxNS4zMjIxNDIzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODc4NzgzJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-39-landing>

[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/14187875461_3cb9420001_o.jpg?itok=KRTqZv8a]
A sokol suit helmet can be seen against the window of the Soyuz TMA-11M capsule shortly after the spacecraft landed with Expedition 39 Commander Koichi Wakata of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), Soyuz Commander Mikhail Tyurin of Roscosmos, and Flight Engineer Rick Mastracchio of NASA near the town of Zhezkazgan, Kazakhstan on Wednesday, May 14, 2014. Wakata, Tyurin and Mastracchio returned to Earth after more than six months onboard the International Space Station where they served as members of the Expedition 38 and 39 crews. > View Full Expedition 39 Landing Photo Set Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/rosetta/comet-20140515/index.html>
Rosetta Mission's Target Comet is Becoming Active
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/rosetta/comet-20140515/index.html>
The target of ESA's Rosetta mission has started to reveal its true personality as a comet, its dusty veil clearly developing over the past six weeks. A new sequence of images of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko was taken between March 24 and May 4, as the gap between craft and comet closed from around 3.1 million miles (5 million km) to 1.2 million miles (2 million km). By the end of the sequence, the comet's coma extends about 800 miles (1,300 km) into space. The nucleus is roughly 2.5 miles (4 km) across.