[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Wed May 14 06:37:51 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope your week is going well and for those of you still taking the State tests, that the kids are staying positive and looking forward to the challenge instead of being afraid of the tests...I know so much is riding on these tests but also know you have prepared them, so hopefully all will get through it and be able to move to the next grade or not have to deal with summer school. Tomorrow I will be visiting Oakleaf HS to speak with the kids...I don't get to HS often so I am looking forward to talking with the older kids. I hope you were able to follow some of the return of the astronauts through NASA TV, if not and you have time, you can go to the subject link to see replays as well as get the latest updates on all the missions. Wishing you a wonderful day....we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, smile & have fun! Gabe

At schools we speak about seeing the space station as it orbits over our area...this is the link, it is good for everywhere in the world, just put in your address and it will tell you when you can see it.... http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Space Station Crew Returns to Earth, Lands Safely in Kazakhstan<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNTE0LjMyMTU3NzMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDUxNC4zMjE1NzczMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODc3NjYzJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/may/space-station-crew-returns-to-earth-lands-safely-in-kazakhstan> Three crew members from the International Space Station (ISS) returned to Earth Tuesday after 188 days in space, during which they orbited Earth more than 3,000 times and traveled almost 79.8 million miles.

Expedition 39 Soyuz Landing<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNTE0LjMyMTU3NDkxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDUxNC4zMjE1NzQ5MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODc3NjY1JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-39-soyuz-landing>

[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/201405140004hq.jpg?itok=QS20zido]
Expedition 39 Flight Engineer Rick Mastracchio of NASA is helped out of the Soyuz capsule just minutes after he and Expedition 39 Commander Koichi Wakata of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Soyuz Commander Mikhail Tyurin of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) landed in their Soyuz TMA-11M spacecraft near the town of Zhezkazgan, Kazakhstan at 9:58 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 (7:58 a.m. Wednesday, Kazakh time). Wakata, Tyurin and Mastracchio returned to Earth after more than six months onboard the International Space Station where they served as members of the Expedition 38 and 39 crews. Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

<http://www.nasa.gov/content/nasa-astronauts-go-underwater-to-test-tools-for-a-mission-to-an-asteroid/index.html>
Astronauts Go Underwater, Test Asteroid Mission Tools
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/nasa-astronauts-go-underwater-to-test-tools-for-a-mission-to-an-asteroid/index.html>
NASA is planning to send astronauts to an asteroid in the 2020s, and preparations are already being made. Stan Love and Steve Bowen have between them spent more than 62 hours in the vacuum of space on nine shuttle mission spacewalks, and they're putting that experience to use here on Earth by helping engineers determine what astronauts will need on NASA's next step toward Deep Space

<http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/a-look-at-the-numbers-as-nasas-hubble-space-telescope-enters-its-25th-year/index.html>
A Look at the Numbers as Hubble Enters its 25th Year
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/a-look-at-the-numbers-as-nasas-hubble-space-telescope-enters-its-25th-year/index.html>
On April 24, 1990, the space shuttle Discovery lifted off from Earth with the Hubble Space Telescope nestled securely in its bay. The following day, Hubble was released into space, ready to peer into the vast unknown of space.
NASA's Hubble Space Telescope recently marked its 24th year in space and to celebrate its 25th year, NASA is taking a look at some of the amazing statistics generated by the world-famous telescope.