[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 21 07:11:20 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a wonderful weekend...Everything was great here...always enjoy the time to "be in control" and do whatever I feel  :) we are having thunderstorms almost every day, which may be inconvenient but great to reduce the fire threat, so never complain. There were so many wonderful tributes to the first  moon landing and it was great to relive that time...for those of us who experienced it "live" and had an interest in the space program it certainly was an amazing accomplishment...I was in an area with no TV so was listening on a little portable radio on armed forces network...there is always talk of going back and I think it would be fun for today's generation to have a chance to experience it as it seems Mars is quite a distance away...at least to me....don't forget to check out the departure & landing of supply ships at the ISS...both are late in the evening but you can see the replay the next day with the kids... wishing you a wonderful day...we have to always remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, smile & have fun! Gabe

This Week @ NASA, July 18,2014<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNzE4LjM0MjI5NTUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDcxOC4zNDIyOTU1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTE5NzQ2JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/this-week-nasa-july-182014> Apollo 11 yesterday, Next Giant Leap tomorrow, Science instruments for Europa mission, and more...

Space Station Cargo Ship Activities to Air on NASA TV<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNzE2LjM0MTQ5NDMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDcxNi4zNDE0OTQzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTE4MjU2JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/july/space-station-cargo-ship-activities-to-air-on-nasa-tv> NASA Television will broadcast live the departure of an unpiloted Russian cargo spacecraft from the International Space Station (ISS) on Monday, July 21, and the launch and docking of its replacement Wednesday, July 23.

The Eagle Prepares to Land<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNzIwLjM0MjY1MDMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDcyMC4zNDI2NTAzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTIwNDUyJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1161.html> we have to let our minds think about this...two astronauts leaving orbit around the moon and flying this to the surface to land, then counting on the ship to bring them back to link with the "mother ship" to return to earth...something that had never been done before....what an experience...

[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/images/269792main_GPN-2000-001210_full.jpg?itok=PssJRQ2t]
The Apollo 11 Lunar Module Eagle, in a landing configuration was photographed in lunar orbit from the Command and Service Module Columbia. Inside the module were Commander Neil A. Armstrong and Lunar Module Pilot Buzz Aldrin. The long rod-like protrusions under the landing pods are lunar surface sensing probes. Upon contact with the lunar surface, the probes sent a signal to the crew to shut down the descent engine. Image Credit: NASA   if(typeof(dstb)!= "undefined"){ dstb();}

<http://www.nasa.gov/nextgiantleap/index.html>
45 Years After Apollo, NASA's Next Giant Leap
 <http://www.nasa.gov/nextgiantleap/index.html>
The first humans who will step foot on Mars are walking the Earth today. It was 45 years ago that Neil Armstrong took the small step onto the surface of the moon. We stand on a new horizon, poised to take the next giant leap-deeper into the solar system. As we develop and test new tools of 21st century spaceflight on the human Path to Mars, we once again will change the course of history.