[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov/index.html; https://spaceflightnow.com

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Fri Nov 5 21:53:44 CDT 2021

Hi all,
   I’m at the airport in Orlando, heading to New Orleans thru Atlanta….I will return on Sunday…going to a very special young friend’s wedding on Saturday…I’m sure, like me, many of you are in awe of how fast time goes..Jo Jo is still a young girl in my mind but she has somehow grown into such a beautiful young woman who is about to start a new, exciting chapter in her life…I was honored that she invited me to share in her day…then, a week from Monday, I will leave for Norway,  my first International trip since the pandemic shut everything down…Norway was such a major step in my speaking career, it opened so many doors, hard to believe it was almost 9 years ago…so it is wonderful to be returning to visiting schools, I am looking forward to seeing what is ahead...

Hi from Atlanta…heading to Mississippi…from Mississippi I will rent car to drive to Louisiana….taking you with me :-)…in the hotel in Louisiana….

We have to stay positive and always be thankful… remembering to do our best, enjoy everything we do, believe in ourselves, and let those we care about most know (I always say this, we all need to take it to heart) …hugs… STAY SAFE, TAKE CARE, Love ya, Gabe

I know it is little late but HAPPY DIWALI to those who celebrate…2 years ago I was in India at this time…it was fascinating…all the celebrations, festivals, decorations…we are all so much alike, it is so amazing to me…it doesn’t matter the culture, the dress, the language…we really are alike…so many beautiful exhibits in honor of the day…

SpaceX's next astronaut launch for NASA delayed again by bad weather (and a possible Dragon landing)

Crew-3 will now launch no earlier than Monday (Nov. 8).

SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket and Crew Dragon Endurance spacecraft stand on launch pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Credit: NASA/Joel Kowsky

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — SpaceX's next astronaut launch for NASA has been delayed again.
The U.S. space agency and SpaceX have pushed the launch of the Crew-3 <https://www.space.com/spacex-crew-3-astronuts-halloween-launch-science> mission, which will send four astronauts to the International Space Station, from Saturday (Nov. 6) to Monday (Nov. 8) at the earliest, because of anticipated bad weather over the coming days.

NASA and SpaceX <https://www.space.com/18853-spacex.html> are also now considering whether to bring the four astronauts of the previous mission, Crew-2, back down to Earth before sending Crew-3 skyward.

Coverage Set for NASA’s SpaceX Crew-2 Return to Earth
 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/51332610874_46b98f19e2_k.jpeg>
NASA SpaceX Crew-2 astronauts Akihiko Hoshide of JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency), left, Thomas Pesquet of ESA (European Space Agency), and Megan McArthur and Shane Kimbrough of NASA participate in the Space Olympics onboard the International Space Station.
Credits: ESA/NASA–T. Pesquet
NASA’s SpaceX Crew-2 mission now is targeting a return to Earth no earlier than 7:14 a.m. EST Monday, Nov. 8, with a splashdown off the coast of Florida. The Crew Dragon spacecraft, named Endeavour, is scheduled to undock from the International Space Station <https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/index.html> at 1:05 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 7, to begin the journey home.

Astronomers target habitable exoplanets, black holes and inclusivity as top priorities for next decade
By Mike Wall  <https://www.space.com/author/mike-wall>1 day ago
A new big space telescope is also on the list for the latest "decadal survey.

An artist’s impression of an Earthlike exoplanet orbiting a star similar to our own sun. (Image credit: NASA Ames, JPL-Caltech and T. Pyle)
We now have a rough sketch of what the next decade could bring in astronomy and astrophysics.

Today (Nov. 4), the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a "decadal survey" laying out scientific priorities and funding recommendations for the next 10 years of astronomy  <https://www.space.com/16014-astronomy.html>and astrophysics research.

The document, called "Pathways to Discovery in Astronomy and Astrophysics for the 2020s," identifies three top-line items the disciplines should concentrate on: the discovery and study of habitable exoplanets <https://www.space.com/17738-exoplanets.html>, the exploration of black holes and neutron stars as windows to the early universe, and a better understanding of the origin and evolution of galaxies. It also stresses the importance of making astronomy a more inclusive and diverse field.

Space solar power's time may finally be coming
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/owamCKojllDrdXdfCifPauBWcNhiad?format=multipart>
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/owamCKojllDrdXdfCifPauBWcNhiad>
(John Mankins/Artemis Innovation Management Solutions)

Hubble telescope searches for aftermath of rare double star explosion (photo)
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeVCifPauBWcNdfwF?format=multipart>
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeVCifPauBWcNdfwF>
(ESA/Hubble & NASA, D. Milisavljevic)
Stellar explosions are messy affairs, so two consecutive supernovas in the same galaxy are bound to leave a mark. That's the story behind a dramatic new Hubble Space Telescope image of a galaxy called NGC 6984.Full Story: Space <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeVCifPauBWcNdfwF?format=multipart> (11/2)
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFgsCifPauBWcNzQyt>  <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFgtCifPauBWcNITNe>  <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFguCifPauBWcNTrSd>  <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFgvCifPauBWcNfkeG>

 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeZCifPauBWcNEZfJ?format=multipart>
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeZCifPauBWcNEZfJ?format=multipart>The brightest planets in November's night sky: How to see them (and when)
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeZCifPauBWcNEZfJ?format=multipart>
 <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeZCifPauBWcNEZfJ>
(Starry Night)
Here's how to see planets visible in November's night sky! Jupiter, Saturn and Venus all make bright appearances. Full Story: Space <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/ovvACKojllDrdFeZCifPauBWcNEZfJ?format=multipart> (11/2)

Jupiter and Saturn — Will be visited by a fat waxing crescent moon on the evening of Nov. 19. Taken together they form a scalene triangle (a triangle in which all three sides have different lengths) which will remain in view, low in the southwest until roughly 7:30 p.m. The Moon-Saturn side measures 5 degrees long, the Moon-Jupiter side 8 degrees, while Jupiter and Saturn are now just 3.5 degrees apart and getting a bit closer with each passing night as they enter the home stretch on route to their "Great Conjunction" next month. Jupiter shines about 12 times brighter than Saturn. At the start of November, the planets set at around 8:30 p.m., but by month's end they will be setting about 1.5 hours earlier.

The sun never sets in space. The idea of harvesting solar energy via power-beaming satellites has therefore long intrigued researchers looking for ways to feed an energy-ravenous Earth <http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/owamCKojllDrdXdgCifPauBWcNoQGg>. That reflection has fomented for decades but is now garnering new looks all over the world: Technologists in the U.S. and China, experts in Japan and researchers within the European Space Agency and the United Kingdom Space Agency are all working to make space-based solar power a reality.