[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Mon Nov 16 22:16:01 CST 2020

hi all...

 Last week was quite amazing, living near Kennedy Space Center…I hope you were able to share some of the events with the kids or give them the info so they could follow at home…the Atlas launch was super pretty as it was sunset….as it rose, the contrail changed colors and became multi colored; then last night we had the Space X with astronauts….during the week I did a 2 hour virtual presentation with India and Cambodia…I guess I have done about 8 of these with different countries…there is nothing like doing it in person, the interface with the kids is magical…it is both ways, the connection is amazing, I can’t explain it but I feel it and I know the kids do too…the time afterwards when they want to take pictures or share hugs…it is simply beyond comprehension but so much fun…as I’m writing this I am watching the docking of the Dragon capsule to the ISS…very interesting… just safely docked...
We have to remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, believe in ourselves, and let those we care about most know (I always say this, we all need to take it to heart) …hugs & smiles... :-) :-) STAY SAFE, TAKE CARE, Love ya, Gabe

A  big event this week…I hope you can share with the kids: go to this link… https://go.nasa.gov/3k86vPm <http://post.spmailtechnol.com/f/a/4WhZ22rb3raxSH9fj_1RNw~~/AAQxAQA~/RgRhk9ryP0QbaHR0cHM6Ly9nby5uYXNhLmdvdi8zazg2dlBtVwNzcGNCCgBIcqeyX88eYFVSGGdhYmVAZWR1Y2F0ZW1vdGl2YXRlLmNvbVgEAAAAAA~~>   &  #SeeingTheSeas
Register <https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/go.nasa.gov/3k86vPm__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!Y7EHpCrKq-Nt9hxUGE-gUbp2wUmuHjVCC1D-9EAHe17a48KYTVbNUgmC6g5_e6BT-cKK$> for the upcoming launch to let NASA know you’ll be watching and to receive any schedule updates, related online and social media activities (including a virtual passport <https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/go.nasa.gov/364lPIt__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!Y7EHpCrKq-Nt9hxUGE-gUbp2wUmuHjVCC1D-9EAHe17a48KYTVbNUgmC6g5_ewHEeqd0$> stamp), and access to curated resources.
Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich Satellite Launch - Virtual NASA Social - #SeeingTheSeas

#SeeingTheSeas
The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite is a U.S.-European cooperative effort designed to measure sea-level, temperature, humidity, and support improved weather predictions.
SeeingTheSeas from space: the Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite is a U.S.-European partnership that will collect the most accurate data yet on global sea level. .
NASA is targeting 12:17 p.m. EST (9:17 a.m. PST) Saturday, Nov. 21, for the launch of the Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite, the first of two identical satellites to head into Earth orbit five years apart to continue sea level observations for at least the next decade.
TOMORROW: Tuesday, November 17

Join mission experts at a Reddit AMA  <http://post.spmailtechnol.com/f/a/Su2ChEMCo3ZwAz3mxdKlmg~~/AAQxAQA~/RgRhk9ryP0QkaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmVkZGl0LmNvbS9yL2Fza3NjaWVuY2UvVwNzcGNCCgBIcqeyX88eYFVSGGdhYmVAZWR1Y2F0ZW1vdGl2YXRlLmNvbVgEAAAAAA~~>at 10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST
Catch the NASA Science Live: Rising Seas episode <http://post.spmailtechnol.com/f/a/z5Muo8ULoH4D3jM7qqoBNA~~/AAQxAQA~/RgRhk9ryP0QkaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubmFzYS5nb3YvbmFzYXNjaWVuY2VsaXZlVwNzcGNCCgBIcqeyX88eYFVSGGdhYmVAZWR1Y2F0ZW1vdGl2YXRlLmNvbVgEAAAAAA~~> at 9:30 a.m. PST/12:30 p.m. EST

ATLAS V pictures….

SPACE X Pictures…
this is a cool link on what it is like inside the capsule….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6BC68UzeY <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6BC68UzeY>

Join the Artemis Generation!

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/ <https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/>
We're celebrating our 20th year of continuing presence aboard the International Space Station in low Earth orbit this year, and we're about to send the first women and next men to the Moon as part of our Artemis lunar exploration program. we can prepare for human missions to Mars.
It's an amazing time on human space flight! Frequently, the dream of being an astronaut is the spark that inspires people around the world to do what they love and discover and expand the knowledge that benefits all of us earthlings.
If you're ready to join, print your Artemis Generation certificate.
https://www.nasa.gov/.../artemis_generation_certificate.pdf <https://www.nasa.gov/.../artemis_generation_certificate.pdf>

NASA's Curiosity rover snaps stunning selfie on Mars (photo)
By Mike Wall <https://www.space.com/author/mike-wall> 16 hours ago

NASA's Curiosity Mars rover took this selfie at a location nicknamed "Mary Anning" after a 19th century English paleontologist. Curiosity snagged three samples of drilled rock at this site on its way out of the Glen Torridon region, which scientists believe preserves an ancient habitable environment.  (Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS)
NASA's Mars rover Curiosity <https://www.space.com/17963-mars-curiosity.html> has taken another selfie, just a few months before its six-wheeled cousin joins it on the Red Planet.

Curiosity, which touched down inside the 96-mile-wide (154 kilometers) Gale Crater <https://www.space.com/16708-mars-rover-curiosity-landing-site-infographic.html> in August 2012, snapped a selfie on Oct. 25 at a locale mission team members named "Mary Anning." The photo, which NASA released on Thursday (Nov. 12), consists of 59 images that the rover team stitched together.

Skip to main content <https://www.livescience.com/carina-nebula-laser-explosion.html?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9160&utm_content=LVS_newsletter+&utm_term=2868862&m_i=Erml2SqSc7CafFLJkLxN%2Bdlhb0ZjV6YhZrHqH37D7kFSOZz%2BDd0jjqDAiAbyBVJUfaJqyOz7woB0JQyWZveAi7Tsjp960JGI4CNr7kyEE_#main>Earth is fighting a laser duel with the exploding Carina Nebula
By Brandon Specktor - Senior Writer <https://www.livescience.com/author/brandon-specktor> 5 days ago
Eta Carinae has been exploding for nearly 200 years, and now we're firing lasers at it.

Lasers fly through space toward the glowing Carina Nebula
(Image: © ESO/G. Hüdepohl)
Four orange laser beams blaze through the Milky Way while an angry purple nebula transfixes us with its death-stare. Happily (or sadly, depending on how much news you've consumed this week), Earth <https://www.livescience.com/earth.html> is not doomed; in fact, it's an Earthly telescope that's launching the lasers in this epic image from the European Southern Observatory (ESO).

Dubbed ESO's picture of the week <https://www.eso.org/public/images/potw2045a/>, this shot looks like a cosmic battle to the death, but it actually captures a clever astronomical trick that scientists use to peer across time and space. The purple star system pictured here is the Carina Nebula, sometimes called the Eta Carinae <https://www.livescience.com/65861-eta-carinae-erupts-red-white-and-blue.html> nebula in honor of its most famous star system. Eta Carinae — actually a pair of two giant stars — has been steadily exploding in a spectacular eruption of gas and dust for nearly 200 years. Though the system is located about 7,500 light-years <https://www.livescience.com/56115-what-is-a-light-year.html> from Earth, this ever-brightening explosion has rendered it one of the most luminous star systems in the Milky Way.