[Spacetalk] FW: https://www.nasa.gov

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 8 06:29:53 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
I tried to send this from home but still having problems....I did want to get this to you so you can still sign the kids up. If any of you did receive this from gaeb at educatemotivate.com<mailto:gaeb at educatemotivate.com> please let me know....have great day....gabe

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gabe Gabrielle <gabe at educatemotivate.com<mailto:gabe at educatemotivate.com>>
Subject: https://www.nasa.gov
Date: September 7, 2015 at 7:36:34 PM EDT
To: "spacetalk at educatemotivate.com<mailto:spacetalk at educatemotivate.com>" <spacetalk at educatemotivate.com<mailto:spacetalk at educatemotivate.com>>

Good morning all
 Will try this from home for the first time…have less than 10 days left at KSC….I’ve been getting so many requests for speaking, please let me know if you are interested as I am trying to set up a schedule and have to plan trips around Norway, Denmark, and Qatar….in the Nov/Dec time frame…Please see the link below to sign the kids up to go to MARS…today (Sept, 8th) is the last day, it just takes a few minutes, the you can print a boarding pass for them and they can blast off with the mission March…. just go to this link and add the info http://go.usa.gov/3Aj3G …I also want to congratulate all my friends in Denmark on the successful arrival to the space station of Denmark's First Astronaut, Andreas Morgensen. Wishing you all a wonderful day…we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile & have fun! gabe

[cid:DD470894-EC95-4AA7-BA1B-AECECD180786]

Send Your Name to Mars on NASA's Next Red Planet MissionMars enthusiasts around the world can participate in NASA’s journey to Mars<https://www.nasa.gov/content/nasas-journey-to-mars> by adding their names to a silicon microchip headed to the Red Planet aboard NASA's InSight<http://www.nasa.gov/insight>Mars lander, scheduled to launch next year."Our next step in the journey to Mars is another fantastic mission to the surface," said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters in Washington. "By participating in this opportunity to send your name aboard InSight to the Red Planet, you're showing that you're part of that journey and the future of space exploration."Submissions will be accepted until Sept. 8. To send your name to Mars aboard InSight, go to: http://go.usa.gov/3Aj3G
InSight will launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California in March 2016 and land on Mars Sept. 28, 2016. The mission is the first dedicated to the investigation of the deep interior of the planet. It will place the first seismometer directly on the surface of Mars to measure Martian quakes and use seismic waves to learn about the planet's interior. It also will deploy a self-hammering heat probe that will burrow deeper into the ground than any previous device on the Red Planet. These and other InSight investigations will improve our understanding about the formation and evolution of all rocky planets, including Earth. For additional information about the InSight mission, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/insight/main/index.html

This Week @ NASA, September 4, 2015<http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUwOTA0LjQ4NzY2NjMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MDkwNC40ODc2NjYzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MTgzNjI3JmVtYWlsaWQ9Zm9yZGdhYmVAbmV0emVyby5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWZvcmRnYWJlQG5ldHplcm8uY29tJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/mediacast/this-week-nasa-september-4-2015?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>

Denmark's First Astronaut, Andreas Morgensen, Arrives at International Space Station, Brings LEGOs
www.neatorama.com/2015/09/06/Denmarks-First-Astronaut-Arrives-at-International-Space-Station-Brings-LEGOs/<http://www.neatorama.com/2015/09/06/Denmarks-First-Astronaut-Arrives-at-International-Space-Station-Brings-LEGOs/>
[cid:E3F5318E-8A91-4671-A3F0-976F292EE772]

Hubble Peers into the Heart of a Galactic Maelstrom<http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUwOTA0LjQ4NzUyNTExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MDkwNC40ODc1MjUxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MTgzNDA3JmVtYWlsaWQ9Zm9yZGdhYmVAbmV0emVyby5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWZvcmRnYWJlQG5ldHplcm8uY29tJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/hubble-peers-into-the-heart-of-a-galactic-maelstrom?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>

[cid:2C03AEAC-6FF4-4B68-8D0D-7075E033332B]

This NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope image shows Messier 96, a spiral galaxy just over 35 million light-years away in the constellation of Leo (The Lion). It is the nearest group containing both bright spirals and a bright elliptical galaxy (Messier 105).

Memories of KSC….. Crawler transporter used to take a fully stacked shuttle on a Mobile Launch Platform from the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) to the launch pad…..the tank and boosters in the VAB waiting for the shuttle….
[cid:72B76B90-2214-4C4D-9778-9B172AB3BDFA][cid:44AA08EA-2356-4B1D-BEEA-B8B0C5924EAE][cid:image001.png at 01D0EA08.263F1250]