[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Aug 31 10:02:04 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope you will be able to share this with the kids....I know the school year is so full but these are special opportunities to see astronauts heading to space....as well as the docking and transfer of the crew to the ISS...NASA TV will show the replay many times so you should be able to see it whenever it is convenient. Also for the send your name to Mars...it is really cool, you can sign the kids up, then print a boarding pass with their name so they will have it when the mission leaves.... maybe make it a class project to follow along as the mission is being readied and watch the blast off....I've been involved with many of these, it is always fun for the kids and I think it makes it more real for them when they know they are going on the mission... Send Your Name to Mars on NASA's Next Red Planet Mission, http://go.usa.gov/3Aj3G <http://go.usa.gov/3Aj3G%20see%20additional%20info%20below.....always>     see additional info below THE DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS September 8TH .....always wishing you a wonderful day, we have to remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, keep things in perspective, let those we care about most know, smile and have fun...gabe

I've been getting many requests to speak...I have tried to respond to all of them, if you sent me one and have not received a reply or would like to set up a visit please contact me at gabe at educatemotivate.com<mailto:gabe at educatemotivate.com> thanks to all...also November & December are way busy as I am working returns to Qatar, Norway, & Denmark in addition to US schools....

MEMORIES OF KSC:

NASA Television to Air Launch of Next International Space Station Crew
[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/thumbnails/image/exp-45-crew.jpg]<http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/exp-45-crew.jpg>
Aidyn Aimbetov of the Kazakh Space Agency, Sergei Volkov of the Russian Federal Space Agency and Andreas Mogensen of ESA (European Space Agency) will launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015.
Credits: NASA
The next three crew members bound for the International Space Station are set to launch to the orbital outpost Wednesday, Sept. 2.
NASA Television launch coverage will begin at 11:45 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 1.
Sergei Volkov of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos), Andreas Mogensen of ESA (European Space Agency) and Aidyn Aimbetov of the Kazakh Space Agency will launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 12:37 a.m. Wednesday (10:34 a.m. Baikonur time). Mogensen and Aimbetov are short duration crew members while Volkov will spend six months on the orbital complex.
The trio will travel in a Soyuz spacecraft, which will rendezvous with the space station and dock two days later to the Poisk module at 3:42 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 4. NASA TV coverage of docking will begin at 3 a.m.
The hatches between the Soyuz and station will be opened at about 6:15 a.m. on Sept. 4, at which time the newly arrived crew members will be greeted by Expedition 44 Commander Gennady Padalka of Roscosmos, as well as Flight Engineers Oleg Kononenko and Mikhail Kornienko of Roscosmos, Scott Kelly<https://twitter.com/StationCDRKelly> and Kjell Lindgren<https://twitter.com/astro_kjell> of NASA, and Kimiya Yui of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency. NASA TV coverage of the hatch opening will begin at 5:45 a.m.
This will be the first time nine crew members are aboard the station simultaneously since November 2013. Padalka, Mogensen and Aimbetov will return to Earth on Saturday, Sept. 12, leaving Kelly in command of Expedition 45. The change of command ceremony in which Padalka will hand over command of the space station to Kelly will be broadcast on NASA TV on Saturday, Sept. 5 at 2:40 p.m.
Kelly and Kornienko will return in March 2016 after spending a year on the station<http://www.nasa.gov/content/one-year-crew> collecting valuable biomedical data that will improve our understanding of the effects of long duration space travel and aid in NASA's journey to Mars.
Together, the Expedition 45 crew members will continue the several hundred experiments in biology, biotechnology, physical science and Earth science currently underway and scheduled to take place aboard humanity's only orbiting laboratory.
For the full schedule of prelaunch, launch and docking coverage, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv For more information about the International Space Station, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station

Send Your Name to Mars on NASA's Next Red Planet Mission
Mars enthusiasts around the world can participate in NASA's journey to Mars<https://www.nasa.gov/content/nasas-journey-to-mars> by adding their names to a silicon microchip headed to the Red Planet aboard NASA's InSight<http://www.nasa.gov/insight> Mars lander, scheduled to launch next year.
"Our next step in the journey to Mars is another fantastic mission to the surface," said Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters in Washington. "By participating in this opportunity to send your name aboard InSight to the Red Planet, you're showing that you're part of that journey and the future of space exploration."
Submissions will be accepted until Sept. 8. To send your name to Mars aboard InSight, go to: http://go.usa.gov/3Aj3G
The fly-your-name opportunity comes with "frequent flier" points to reflect an individual's personal participation in NASA's journey to Mars, which will span multiple missions and multiple decades. The InSight mission offers the second such opportunity for space exploration fans to collect points by flying their names aboard a NASA mission, with more opportunities to follow.
Last December, the names of 1.38 million people flew on a chip aboard the first flight of NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts to deep space destinations including Mars and an asteroid. After InSight, the next opportunity to earn frequent flier points will be NASA's Exploration Mission-1, the first planned test flight bringing together the Space Launch System rocket and Orion capsule in preparation for human missions to Mars and beyond.
InSight will launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California in March 2016 and land on Mars Sept. 28, 2016. The mission is the first dedicated to the investigation of the deep interior of the planet. It will place the first seismometer directly on the surface of Mars to measure Martian quakes and use seismic waves to learn about the planet's interior. It also will deploy a self-hammering heat probe that will burrow deeper into the ground than any previous device on the Red Planet. These and other InSight investigations will improve our understanding about the formation and evolution of all rocky planets, including Earth. For additional information about the InSight mission, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/insight/main/index.html