[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Aug 17 07:15:39 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
 Life presents many challenges and over the years I have shared so much with you, had the opportunities to visit so many of your schools, the pleasure of meeting you, and I think more than anything, shared the magic of the space program....when we had the shuttle flights I was able to get hundreds of you VIP passes to see a launch from the space center which I know is such a highlight, bucket list...and through you I have been able to meet tens of thousands of kids, all ages, creating so much hope and instilling confidence....we found out last week, as we had been warned, that many of us would lose our position under the current contract which has been descoped, eliminating many jobs....mine was one...it has been such a wonderful experience...I will be forever grateful for what I have experienced here, the never ending magic of the history, fascinating structures, always finding something new to share with you, and always dreaming of maybe somehow, someway....going to "space "...I will stay assigned to NASA's speakers bureau....I know so many schools are getting back to school this week while others are already back and more still have a few weeks so I may repeats this, just to be sure I don't lose any contacts...I will continue to visit schools, send out the group email, and have access to KSC through a volunteer program....so other than loss of income, LOL, hopefully everything will continue .... I will be here through the middle of September but as of tomorrow I will stop corresponding through work and use my home computer and email....please change my contact info to: fordgabe at netzero.com<mailto:fordgabe at netzero.com> my cell, if you need me for anything: 321 698-9407. What I thought about doing, as I send out the group emails, is to include a special memory to share with you, not because of sadness but because it will be a reminder of some of the special adventures Kennedy Space Center has provided that we have shared....wishing you all a wonderful day...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile, and have fun...Gabe

Gabe's memory :)  Such a special event....I was able to attend the first launch from a VIP vantage point as one of the guys working with me received a special car pass and it was absolutely amazing...you can always tell the first launch because it is the only one with the tank painted white....

This was sent to me by a very caring teacher, as are most of you, I hope you will take a few minutes to read it.... http://momastery.com/blog/2014/01/30/share-schools/

Bad Weather Again Delays Launch of Japanese Cargo Ship to Space Station. I hope you can share this with the kids, the timing is good plus you can go to the subject link to see a replay...
[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/thumbnails/image/htv5_0.jpg]<http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/htv5_0.jpg>
This artist's concept shows the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's (JAXA) H-II Transport Vehicle-5 separating from its H-IIB launch vehicle.
Credits: JAXA
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has postponed the launch of its H-II Transport Vehicle (HTV)-5 to the International Space Station to 7:50 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, Aug. 19. NASA Television will carry live coverage of the event beginning at 7 a.m.
JAXA is delaying the launch from the Tanegashima Space Center in southern Japan due to an unfavorable weather forecast at the launch site for the next two days, which may delay the launch date further.
Loaded with more than 4.5 tons of supplies<http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/news/htv5_launch>, including water, spare parts and experiment hardware for the six-person space station crew, the unpiloted cargo craft, named Kounotori, Japanese for "white stork," will travel five days to reach the station.
Rendezvous and grapple of the HTV-5 now is scheduled for approximately 6:55 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 24. NASA TV coverage will begin at 5:15 a.m. Installation coverage will now begin at 9:15 a.m. for installation at approximately 9:45 a.m.
For NASA TV streaming video, schedule and downlink information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv For more information about the International Space Station and its crew, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station

Good morning from the ISS...
[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/iss044e045542.jpg]

Somber Procession Delivers Piece of American History to Kennedy
A section of I-beam that once strengthened the World Trade Center in New York has made its way to NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, where it will serve as a memorial to the 343 fire/rescue personnel who gave their lives to save others on Sept. 11, 2001. Read more<https://blogs.nasa.gov/kennedy/2015/08/14/somber-procession-delivers-piece-of-american-history-to-kennedy/>.
Stay tuned for details on an employee event that will be held Sept. 11.

[X]