[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 13 06:23:01 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
  Hope you had a wonderful weekend, I think all spring breaks are over, so we should have everyone happily back to school :) I want to remind everyone of the launch this afternoon....you can watch it live on NASA TV... http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv launch is scheduled for 4:33 pm, Local time...I know most of you will be out of school but hopefully you can show the kids tomorrow as it will be replayed on NASA TV or the SpaceX site... News about SpaceX Launch<http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=SpaceX+Launch&qpvt=spacex+launch&FORM=EWRE> ...they will again attempt to land the booster after the cargo has been deployed on a floating platform which should be interesting....see the link below on New Horizons arrival  to Pluto after a 10 year long mission...I know the kids are fascinated with PLUTO so, when you have a minute, hopefully you can show the how the mission is progressing...everything else is going great here....I'm still contemplating a career change in June to devote full time to school activities...the best part is I will still be able to remain a part of NASA's Speakers Bureau so will be able to come to KSC for launches....wishing you all a wonderful day...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, let those we care about most know, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun...gabe

KSC Employee Update:
SpaceX CRS-6 Launch Monday
 <https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacex/>
Weather forecasters from the U.S. Air Force 45th Weather Squadron are predicting a 60 percent chance of favorable weather at the scheduled time for launch of SpaceX CRS-6. Liftoff of the Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft is targeted for 4:33 p.m. on Monday, April 13, from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Launch coverage on NASA Television will begin at 3:30 p.m. If launch does not occur on Monday, the next launch opportunity would be at 4:10 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14. Click here<http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/home/index.html> for the latest information.

 NASA Hosts Briefings on Historic Mission to Pluto

        [http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/673xvariable_height/public/thumbnails/image/newhorizons_at_pluto_4-14-15.jpg] <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/newhorizons_at_pluto_4-14-15.jpg>
Artist's impression of NASA's New Horizons spacecraft encountering Pluto and its largest moon, Charon, in July 2015.
Image Credit: NASA/Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute
NASA Television will air media briefings at 1 p.m. EDT and 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14, to discuss plans and related upcoming activities about the agency's historic New Horizons spacecraft flyby of Pluto this summer.
The two briefing event, which is open to the public, will take place in the Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters, 300 E Street SW in Washington.
Briefers will describe the mission's goals, scientific objectives and encounter plans, including the types of images and other data that can be expected and when.
New Horizons will fly past Pluto on July 14. The spacecraft already has covered more than 3 billion miles since it launched on January 19, 2006. It will pass Pluto at a speed of 31,000 mph taking thousands of images and making a wide range of other science observations. Given the distance between Pluto and Earth, data from the spacecraft during the encounter will take approximately 4.5 hours to reach our planet.
Participants for 1 p.m. briefing:
*       John Grunsfeld, Science Mission Directorate associate administrator, NASA Headquarters, Washington
*       James Green, director of Planetary Science, NASA Headquarters
*       Alan Stern, New Horizons principal investigator, Southwest Research Institute, Boulder, Colorado
*       William McKinnon, New Horizons co-investigator, Washington University, St. Louis
*       Cathy Olkin, New Horizons Deputy project scientist, Southwest Research Institute, Boulder, Colorado
Participants for 2:30 p.m. briefing:
*       James Green, director of Planetary Science, NASA Headquarters
*       Glen Fountain, New Horizons project manager, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, Maryland
*       Hal Weaver, New Horizons project scientist, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, Maryland
*       Alan Stern, New Horizons principal investigator, Southwest Research Institute, Boulder, Colorado
To participate by phone, reporters must contact Steve Cole at 202-358-0918 or stephen.e.cole at nasa.gov<mailto:stephen.e.cole at nasa.gov> and provide their media affiliation no later than noon Tuesday.. Media and the public also may ask questions during the event via Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.
For NASA TV streaming video, schedules and downlink information, visit:
http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
More information about NASA's New Horizons mission is available online at:
http://www.nasa.gov/newhorizons
and
http://pluto.jhuapl.edu

View the Latest Edition of "This Week at NASA" (Published April 10, 2015)

View the latest "This Week at NASA" produced by NASA Television for features on agency news and activities. Stories in this program include:
*       Water in the Universe
*       3-D Printed Parts Back From Space
*       Small Business Administrator's Cup
*       Student Rocket Fair
*       #NoPlaceLikeHome
*       Maya Angelou Poem Presented to NASA
 To watch this edition of "This Week at NASA" dated April 10, 2015, click on the image below:
 <https://youtu.be/LoEcLekZ-fw>
Watch the Video
You also may access this edition of "This Week at NASA" at
https://youtu.be/LoEcLekZ-fw
For more information on these and other stories, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/twan
This Week at NASA" and other NASA features are available at http://www.nasa.gov<http://www.nasa.gov/> under NASA Multimedia,
http://www.youtube.com/nasatelevision and iTunes.

Last Shuttle "ENDEAVOR"  flight from KSC - 5-16-2011.  A seriously nifty
photo of Monday's shuttle launch.   from the best seat in the
house..................an F-15E Strike Eagle at 26 thousand feet over the east coast. the protective combat air patrol for the launch......