[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 24 06:58:38 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope your week is going well, been very busy here....tomorrow I will be participating in a very special event... Hillsborough County Public Schools 1st Annual STEM Day Celebration... this is a huge celebration, involving 21 schools with one of the schools'... to coincide with the 5th Grade Student Spaceflight Experiments Program.... project selected to be sent to the International Space Station for the astronauts to do their experiment. I was also involved with this last year and it was amazing to see how each grade competed and then the excitement in sharing with the winning team. In addition to taking part in this I will also be visiting Gibsonton, Pinecrest, Lee, and Burney Elementary schools to speak with the kids....which I so enjoy :) The astronauts have been busy on the space station preparing for the arrival of a supply ship which docked last night and then 3 more crew members will leave tomorrow for the ISS. NASA TV will carry the pre-launch and launch as well as the docking, I hope you will share it with the kids as it will be replayed so you can show it during school hours... http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/schedule.html Wishing you a very happy day... we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, keep things in perspective, live in the present, be thankful for the good in our lives, smile & have fun! gabe

 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/15144216877_2cd62274ab_o.jpg>
The sun rises as the Soyuz TMA-14M spacecraft is rolled out by train to the launch pad at the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, Sept. 23, 2014. Launch of the Soyuz rocket is scheduled for Sept. 25 at 4:25 p.m. EDT (Sept. 26 at 2:25 a.m. Kazakh time) and will carry Expedition 41 Soyuz Commander Alexander Samokutyaev of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos), Flight Engineer Barry Wilmore of NASA, and Flight Engineer Elena Serova of Roscosmos into orbit to begin their five and a half month mission on the International Space Station.

<http://www.nasa.gov/content/fourth-dragon-for-commercial-resupply-services-arrives-at-station/index.html>
Station Crew Docks Dragon Capsule to ISS
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/fourth-dragon-for-commercial-resupply-services-arrives-at-station/index.html>
International Space Station crewmembers successfully berthed the SpaceX CRS-4 Dragon cargo craft<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-cargo-launches-to-space-station-aboard-spacex-resupply-mission-0/> (seen left in a screen grab of NASA Television coverage) to the station at 9:21 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. The spacecraft's 2.5 tons of supplies, science experiments and technology demonstrations include critical materials to support 255 research investigations during the station's Expeditions 41 and 42.
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-41-trio-waits-for-dragon-and-new-soyuz/index.html>
Expedition 41 to Launch to International Space Station
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-41-trio-waits-for-dragon-and-new-soyuz/index.html>
The Soyuz TMA-14M spacecraft is counting down to a Thursday afternoon launch for a six-hour, four-orbit ride to the station's Poisk module. It will bring Soyuz Commander Alexander Samokutyaev and Flight Engineers Barry Wilmore and Elena Serova to join Expedition 41 and expand the crew to six returning the station to full operations. Launch is scheduled for 4:25 p.m. EDT on Thursday. NASA TV coverage begins at 3:30 p.m.
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/coronal-mass-ejections-at-mars/index.html>
CME Week: Coronal Mass Ejections at Mars
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/coronal-mass-ejections-at-mars/index.html>
On Sept. 21, 2014, a new NASA mission, the Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN), reached Mars after a 10-month journey. MAVEN will observe the Martian upper atmosphere, including keeping an eye on just what effect the solar wind and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) have on the red planet. Such observations not only help us understand the history of what led to the desert surface we see today, but also pave the way for protecting