[Spacetalk] FW: http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 15 06:48:38 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a wonderful weekend and will look forward to the week ahead...I think it is so important we remind ourselves to focus on the day we are in and enjoy it as we pass through it...I always hear people at work saying, I can't wait for Friday, even on Monday...when I suggest they not get ahead of themselves and that each day should be equally enjoyed, they look at me like I'm crazy...I remind them there are no guarantees and when Friday gets here, they may wish they were back at Monday...they give me the same look...I think as adults we are always looking ahead or back and don't appreciate the day we are in, which we should, it's the only one we can reasonably control or at least how we mentally approach the challenges each day brings...wishing you a wonderful day...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, let those we care about most know, smile & have  fun...gabe

The Northern Lights combined with Solar Flares...so amazingly beautiful

<http://www.nasa.gov/starspangledbanner/index.html>
The American Flag in the U.S. Space Program
 <http://www.nasa.gov/starspangledbanner/index.html>
"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." So spoke Neil Armstrong after landing the lunar module on the moon's surface. When he and fellow astronaut Buzz Aldrin descended the stairs of their craft wearing spacesuits prominently adorned with the American flag, they walked into the pages of history.

<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-s-orion-spacecraft-nears-completion-ready-for-fueling/index.html>
Orion Spacecraft Nears Completion, Ready for Fueling
 <http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-s-orion-spacecraft-nears-completion-ready-for-fueling/index.html>
NASA is making steady progress on its Orion spacecraft, completing several milestones this week at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida in preparation for the capsule's first trip to space in December.
Engineers finished building the Orion crew module, attached it and the already-completed service module to the adapter that will join Orion to its rocket and transported the spacecraft to a new facility for fueling.
> Test Vehicle Ready for Next Round of Recovery Tests<http://www.nasa.gov/content/nasa-ready-for-next-round-of-orion-recovery-tests/>
<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-unveils-worlds-largest-spacecraft-welding-tool-for-space-launch-system/index.html>
World's Largest Spacecraft Welding Tool for SLS
 <http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-unveils-worlds-largest-spacecraft-welding-tool-for-space-launch-system/index.html>
The largest spacecraft welding tool in the world, the Vertical Assembly Center officially is open for business at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. The 170-foot-tall, 78-foot-wide giant completes a world-class welding toolkit that will be used to build the core stage of America's next great rocket, the Space Launch System (SLS). SLS will be the most powerful rocket ever built for deep space missions, including to an asteroid and eventually Mars.
<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/rosetta/first-map-of-rosettas-comet/index.html>
First Map of Rosetta's Comet
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/rosetta/first-map-of-rosettas-comet/index.html>
Scientists have found that the surface of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko -- the target of study for the European Space Agency's Rosetta mission -- can be divided into several regions, each characterized by different classes of features. High-resolution images of the comet reveal a unique, multifaceted world. ESA's Rosetta spacecraft arrived at its destination about a month ago and is currently accompanying the comet as it progresses on its route toward the inner solar system.
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-41-trio-running-station-while-waiting-for-new-crew/index.html>
Expedition 41 Trio Running ISS, Waiting for New Crew
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-41-trio-running-station-while-waiting-for-new-crew/index.html>
The Expedition 40/41 trio comprised of Commander Max Suraev and Flight Engineers Reid Wiseman of NASA and Alexander Gerst from the European Space Agency (ESA) was back at work Friday. The crew sent off their Expedition 39/40 crewmates on Wednesday and relaxed Thursday after staying up late monitoring the undocking of the Soyuz TMA-12M spacecraft. Suraev, Wiseman and Gerst will stay in space until November and have been in space since May.