[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 5 06:17:26 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a fun week, I know most of you have settled in with the kids and I think all schools must be back....I was talking with one teacher who was telling me she has such a hard time memorizing the kids names because they are all "different and hard to pronounce" which I can certainly relate ...just one of the many things you all have to contend with...I think you really do have the most important and in many ways the most difficult job in the world...you put in so many hours more than most ever realize, you do it because you love it and have so much concern for the kids....so I wish to thank you all and I hope you know you are appreciated so very much. NASA is always finding ways to involve kids in the space program, the latest is to have the kids submit messages for an Asteroid Mission Time Capsule, see link below. I wish you a happy day and a fun weekend ahead, of course, one day at a time...we have to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, smile & have fun.... Gabe

NASA Invites Public to Submit Messages for Asteroid Mission Time Capsule<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwOTA0LjM1NjY2NTQxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDkwNC4zNTY2NjU0MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTQ4NTY2JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-invites-public-to-submit-messages-for-asteroid-mission-time-capsule>
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/14-235a_0.jpg>
NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission launches Asteroid Time Capsule -- a mission to collect ideas from the public about space exploration 10 years from now.

NASA Probes Studying Earth's Radiation Belts to Celebrate Two Year Anniversary<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwOTAyLjM1NTczMzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDkwMi4zNTU3MzM1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTQ2NzA4JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/august/nasa-probes-studying-earth-s-radiation-belts-to-celebrate-two-year-anniversary>
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/14-234_0.jpg>
This image was created using data from the Relativistic Electron-Proton Telescopes on NASA's twin Van Allen Probes. It shows the emergence of a new third transient radiation belt. The new belt is seen as the middle orange and red arc of the three seen on each side of the Earth.

NASA Telescopes Uncover Early Construction of Giant Galaxy<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwOTA0LjM1NjY2NTgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDkwNC4zNTY2NjU4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTQ4NTU0JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/august/nasa-telescopes-uncover-early-construction-of-giant-galaxy>
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/14-230_0.jpg>
Artist impression of a firestorm of star birth deep inside core of young, growing elliptical galaxy.

NASA Instrument aboard European Spacecraft Returns First Science Results<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwOTA0LjM1NjY2MDQxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDkwNC4zNTY2NjA0MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTQ4NTM5JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/september/nasa-instrument-aboard-european-spacecraft-returns-first-science-results>
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/pia17666_9.jpg>
Artist's impression of the Rosetta orbiter at comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko

 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/nasa-engineers-conduct-low-light-test-on-new-technology-for-webb-telescope>

NASA Engineers Conduct Low Light Test on New Technology for Webb Telescope
Engineers inspect a new piece of technology developed for the James Webb Space Telescope,