[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 10 07:27:25 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope you have had a wonderful week...everything is great here....my job takes me to so many different areas on KSC...yesterday I was at the press site...when you walk in the main area there are large models of the space station, the shuttle and beautiful pictures everywhere...also there is literature available which I always get to pass out to the schools...it takes your mind on amazing, exciting adventures :) I am pretty sure you will all have a 3 day weekend, we work on Monday, it is one of the holidays we work so we are off between Christmas & New Year's....On Tuesday I will be going to Mabry, Lee, and Burney Elementary schools to speak with the kids...always so much fun for me and then a week from today I will be leaving for Qatar, in the Middle East, to present to various groups....will add more on that next week...so wishing you all a wonderful weekend...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, smile & have fun! Gabe

I get so much info from you and pass it on...this is from my good buddy, Kjell, in Norway, I hope you will have some time to share it with the kids...
NASA collaborates with Microsoft Research. Microsoft Research has more than 1,000 scientists and engineers working across multiple research areas in research labs worldwide, making significant product contributions and collaborating on external projects that help solve global challenges. They create fantastic software for learning. Check out the site: http://www.worldwidetelescope.org. The software is fantastic for studying the stars and the universe. And it is FREE! From web to desktop to full-dome planetarium, WorldWide Telescope (WWT) enables you to explore the universe, bringing together imagery from the best ground- and space-based telescopes in the world and combining it with 3D navigation. With WWT, you can experience narrated guided tours from astronomers and educators featuring interesting features in the sky. You can research and import your own data and visualize it, then create a tour to share with others.

This image of space shuttle Atlantis was taken shortly after the rotating service structure was rolled back at Launch Pad 39A, Thursday, July 7, 2011. Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasa-prepares-its-science-fleet-for-oct-19-mars-comet-encounter/>
Science Fleet Prepares for Mars Comet Encounter
 <http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasa-prepares-its-science-fleet-for-oct-19-mars-comet-encounter/>
NASA's extensive fleet of science assets, particularly those orbiting and roving Mars, have front row seats to image and study a once-in-a-lifetime comet flyby on Sunday, Oct. 19. Comet C/2013 A1, also known as comet Siding Spring, will pass within about 87,000 miles (139,500 kilometers) of the Red Planet -- less than half the distance between Earth and our moon and less than one-tenth the distance of any known comet flyby of Earth.
<http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasas-hubble-maps-the-temperature-and-water-vapor-on-an-extreme-exoplanet/index.html>
Hubble Maps Extreme Exoplanet's Temperatures
 <http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasas-hubble-maps-the-temperature-and-water-vapor-on-an-extreme-exoplanet/index.html>
A team of scientists using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has made the most detailed global map yet of the glow from a turbulent planet outside our solar system, revealing its secrets of air temperatures and water vapor. Hubble observations show the exoplanet, called WASP-43b, is no place to call home. It is a world of extremes, where seething winds howl at the speed of sound from a 3,000-degree-Fahrenheit "day" side, hot enough to melt steel, to a pitch-black "night" side with plunging temperatures below 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Please help my good friend, Judy, as she takes the kids on a round the world flight promoting STEM & STEAM...if you haven't signed up for this, please do, I think you will find it both educational and very entertaining for the kids or anyone interested in aviation.....

[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_left.png]
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_fb.png]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=aLuVb_jhwn4&c=1&r=1>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_twit.png]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=aLuVb_jhwn4&c=3&r=1>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_linked.png]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=aLuVb_jhwn4&c=4&r=1>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_divider.png]
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_more.png]<http://s.rs6.net/t?e=aLuVb_jhwn4&c=5&r=1>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_drw_right.png]
[http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/shr_btn_like_sm.png]<http://myemail.constantcontact.com/TIME-SENSITIVE--Think-Global-Flight-Needs-Your-Help.html?soid=1113364046546&aid=aLuVb_jhwn4>

[http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=3305b0e8-1ba4-4c95-94be-c17a3277dede&a=1113364046546&d=1118652203661&r=3&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif&c=8829a940-79b5-11e3-ba70-d4ae5292c973&ch=88f92e40-79b5-11e3-ba80-d4ae5292c973]
  [http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs191/1113364046546/img/90.jpg]

TIME SENSITIVE
Your vote can help TGF receive up to $10,000

Please Vote and Share!

    CLICK HERE TO VOTE<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wHB-Rg5uN_b_fbdizrKhsw4dYdTirbLKu6dcYiTKBWE_B7GjXvDBcE23y3qpGppwPpPuOX_9dGd4dEKbph-9Opx0xsQQ0I6xOpiIr4qmwW4UKBXOvl7FBE6dl6c8_DBZ1AydoHoxJXTXQW-DIuuJUF42Y7VOeCJakbk96kwUsb8R0eTB1War9dCmoJIzl2IVYGqZ6S5e4VZXURRpzc1iTcbnRIbZH_vSlfVWp2OMxwcmiipfI5sIi8VsTKNu2t8aw2rVfonuDzQxM17UOB-M06Lw0WlcBYM-5g-lxdHPsfg=&c=y12nv04IRNxVuN9rZSsRPF2Bo4gqhcTXieOvbMMSFzAUZ3SBE5w0fg==&ch=rKUXhiqFqBbXKv5KSk55dGAiy7-wBX42xq_Ab3eKT2Dz-B-pOCe30g==>

Greetings!
Only 30 days left to vote for TGF in the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Pilots Choice Grant program

This historic flight will increase the number of students across the globe, interested in and inspired by aviation and aerospace as they follow the crew on their journey around the Earth. These students are our future!

TGF currently have over 20,000 students participating across the globe located in 25 countries and 31 U.S. States. Recognized by the FAA and Department of Education for our providing real world application for the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) education.learning. These students are our future!

Thank you!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wHB-Rg5uN_b_fbdizrKhsw4dYdTirbLKu6dcYiTKBWE_B7GjXvDBcE23y3qpGppwPpPuOX_9dGd4dEKbph-9Opx0xsQQ0I6xOpiIr4qmwW4UKBXOvl7FBE6dl6c8_DBZ1AydoHoxJXTXQW-DIuuJUF42Y7VOeCJakbk96kwUsb8R0eTB1War9dCmoJIzl2IVYGqZ6S5e4VZXURRpzc1iTcbnRIbZH_vSlfVWp2OMxwcmiipfI5sIi8VsTKNu2t8aw2rVfonuDzQxM17UOB-M06Lw0WlcBYM-5g-lxdHPsfg=&c=y12nv04IRNxVuN9rZSsRPF2Bo4gqhcTXieOvbMMSFzAUZ3SBE5w0fg==&ch=rKUXhiqFqBbXKv5KSk55dGAiy7-wBX42xq_Ab3eKT2Dz-B-pOCe30g==>

Click Here to watch testimonial: TGF Lead Educator, Diana Lesueur<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wHB-Rg5uN_b_fbdizrKhsw4dYdTirbLKu6dcYiTKBWE_B7GjXvDBcCD_SoScjZPUs-rYFFiV_VLOIUxXWn1NK0C8GvcNkWK8cKQVw4lWJ_OBD_eYoUkBwnCsZn2LoBm8SRAgLNyQD73RXHAapS9HL6SLx6aK65lS0lgjDdJCtua6e6AxcvguXcmLiBAJA8_Fn-ICHdW3aqipicH0zfEccFPSdTjAavZGQJzB-3SNm5I=&c=y12nv04IRNxVuN9rZSsRPF2Bo4gqhcTXieOvbMMSFzAUZ3SBE5w0fg==&ch=rKUXhiqFqBbXKv5KSk55dGAiy7-wBX42xq_Ab3eKT2Dz-B-pOCe30g==>

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs191/1113364046546/img/161.jpg]