[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri Nov 21 08:17:34 CST 2014

Good morning all,
 I wish you a wonderful day and a fun weekend ahead...the visit to Frost, Clark, and Roosevelt Elementary to participate in "the great American Teach In" as great yesterday....the kids were great...it is such a wonderful event for the kids as it gives them opportunities to speak with  people in all walks of life and offers them some thoughts on what they might want to do with their future....which I think is so important....I know from my own experience it is so very difficult to do something, when you don't know what it is...so if they can develop a goal or purpose it gives them a reason to try and a sense of accomplishment at each step along the way...I hope you can see the launch on NASA TV on Sunday and replay it for the kids on Monday...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun! Gabe

This is an absolutely amazing tour of the ISS, I think it is about 10-15 minutes but please try to find time to share this with the kids....I know you and they will find it fascinating, Justas I did.....  http://www.wimp.com/orbitaltour/

<https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/2014/11/20/soyuz-preps-for-rollout-as-station-crew-works-array-of-science/>
Trio Set For Sunday Launch to Space Station
 <https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/2014/11/20/soyuz-preps-for-rollout-as-station-crew-works-array-of-science/>
NASA astronaut Terry Virts, Roscosmos cosmonaut Anton Shkaplerov and European Space Agency astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti are in final preparations before Sunday's launch and six-hour ride aboard a Soyuz TMA-15M spacecraft to the International Space Station. The rocket with the Soyuz capsule attached will roll out to the launch pad Friday morning at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. Launch on Nov. 23 is at 4:01 p.m. EST. Live coverage of launch activities begins at 3:00 p.m. on NASA TV.

 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/expedition-42-soyuz-rocket-rolls-out>

Expedition 42 Soyuz Rocket Rolls Out
The Soyuz TMA-15M spacecraft is rolled out to the launch pad by train on Friday, Nov. 21, ...

Fire acts differently in space than on Earth. Sandra Olson, an aerospace engineer at NASA's Glenn Research Center, demonstrates just how differently in her art. This artwork is comprised of multiple overlays of three separate microgravity flame images. Each image is of flame spread over cellulose paper in a spacecraft ventilation flow in microgravity. The different colors represent different chemical reactions within the flame. The blue areas are caused by chemiluminescence (light produced by a chemical reaction.) The white, yellow and orange regions are due to glowing soot within the flame zone. Microgravity combustion research at Glenn not only provides insights into spacecraft fire safety, but it has also been used to create award-winning art images. This image won first place in the 2011 Combustion Art Competition, held at the 7th U.S. National Combustion Meeting. Image Credit: NASA

Sign up for NASA's Spot the Station service<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTIxMTI2LjEyNTY5OTMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEyMTEyNi4xMjU2OTkzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3Mjg1NDMwJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/> to receive an e-mail or text message a few hours before the space station passes over your house.
 <http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/> Spot The Station
Get email or text alerts for ISS sighting opportunities near you.