[Spacetalk] Reach for the Stars ~ National Rocket Competition/SunNFun

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Fri Apr 4 07:05:17 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
I hope you have had a fun week and will enjoy today...hard to believe we are into April, some still on spring break and some just a month away from the end of the school year...I know some schools have "rocket" programs which I think must be a wonderful teaching aid and maybe others have thought about it...check out the Reach for the Stars ~ National Rocket Competition info below....it might be something you can develop in your school, if you don't have it, and if you do, possible involve this aspect to make it more interesting for the kids....  Jack's a good buddy and has been helping kids for many years....tomorrow I will be in Lakeland at the annual SunNFun...this is an amazing air show with numerous events for teachers...if you haven't been, it is an excellent day geared towards teachers' works shops, lectures, and many fun things for you...if you would like to see what I do at the schools, I will be doing two presentations tomorrow and I would enjoy meeting any of you who may be getting the group email but we have never met or if you would like to check it out to see if you think it would be beneficial for me to come to your school to talk with the kids....the weather is supposed to be perfect and one of the highlights will be the Navy Blue Angels aerobatic  performance...wishing you a wonderful day and weekend ahead...of course, one day at a time...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, be thankful for the good in our lives, smile & most of all. HAVE FUN! Gabe :):)
Be sure to check out this link,  http://www.nasa.gov/  some amazing info & sights...

How cute is this? I'm thinking it is a little girl (I know it could be a boy but...) with her heart pounding and her mind racing to distant galaxies and something she will remember, as well as possibly shape her, for the rest of her life....
[Astronaut Karen Nyberg poses for a photograph with an enthusiastic NASA Social attendee following a presentation about her time living, working, and conducting research on the International Space Station.]
Back to Gallery<http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html>
Share on facebook<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>5<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>Share on twitter<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>Share on google_plusone_share<http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=300&winname=addthis&pub=unknown&source=tbx32-300&lng=en-us&s=google_plusone_share&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fcontent%2Fastronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers&title=Astronaut%20Karen%20Nyberg%20Inspires%20the%20Next%20Generation%20of%20Explorers%20%7C%20NASA&ate=AT-unknown/-/-/533e9e97df44baa3/2&frommenu=1&uid=533e9e9703e0dd33&ct=1&pre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2F&tt=0&captcha_provider=recaptcha>Share on pinterest_share<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>Share on email<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>Share on print<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>More Sharing Services<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>73<http://www.nasa.gov/content/astronaut-karen-nyberg-inspires-the-next-generation-of-explorers/>
Astronaut Karen Nyberg Inspires the Next Generation of Explorers
Astronaut Karen Nyberg poses for a photograph with an enthusiastic NASA Social attendee following a presentation about her time living, working, and conducting research on the International Space Station. The NASA Social was held on Monday, March 24, 2014 at NASA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Nyberg served as a flight engineer aboard the space station during Expeditions 36 and 37, from May to November 2013. In addition to her time on the orbiting outpost, Nyberg also flew aboard space shuttle Discovery during its STS-124 mission in 2008.

James Webb Space Telescope's Near Infrared Spectrograph Installed<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNDAyLjMwODQ1NTMxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDQwMi4zMDg0NTUzMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2ODU0OTgyJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/james-webb-space-telescopes-near-infrared-spectrograph-installed>

04/02/2014 12:00 PM EDT

[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/13546442425_3177f4348c_o.jpg?itok=YkcpCRgb]

In March 2014, the James Webb Space Telescope's flight Near Infrared Spectrograph (NIRSpec) was installed into the instrument module. NIRSpec joins the flight Near Infrared Camera (NIRCam) Fine Guidance Sensor/ Near Infrared Imager and Slitless Spectrograph (FGS/NIRISS) and Mid-Infrared Instrument (MIRI) which are already integrated into the ISIM, making the instrument module complete. The James Webb Space Telescope is a large space telescope, optimized for infrared wavelengths. It is scheduled for launch later in this decade. Webb will find the first galaxies that formed in the early universe, connecting the Big Bang to our own Milky Way galaxy. Webb will peer through dusty clouds to see stars forming planetary systems, connecting the Milky Way to our own solar system. Webb's instruments will be designed to work primarily in the infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum, with some capability in the visible range. > Read more Image Credit: NASA/Chris Gunn