[Spacetalk] https://spaceflightnow.com; https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Mon Jul 29 06:00:08 CDT 2019

Hi all,

 I have to apologize, it has been a while since I last wrote…I think in all the years I have been sending the email... this is, by far, the longest I have ever gone between letters…the international travel has been extensive, house is undergoing major renovations, inside and out, construction of a new storage building, and major yard modifications have taken up so much time…I know schools will be starting soon so time to get back…

there have been so many celebrations of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, I wanted to share a story I wrote….we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, believe in ourselves, and let those we care about most know… Gabe

ON THE MOON…JULY 20TH, 1969

 The whole world celebrate the first time a human landed and walked on another celestial body, the moon…what an amazing accomplishment, 50 years ago, with such limited technology, compared to today…for me, personally, it was almost beyond comprehension that anyone could actually go to the moon…I remember the Apollo program from afar, it was interesting but did not seem real…each Apollo mission was a building block leading up to Apollo 11 and landing…I believe everyone alive then, remembers what they were doing and where they were...I was in Viet Nam, with no TV, only radio coverage which was not the best…I had a very small portable radio, I was walking around trying to get a signal and updates, I believe it was 3 or 4 in the morning, although I am not sure….I just remember the joy of the success and the surreal feeling…then seeing pictures then next day in the only newspaper available, The Stars and Stripes…simply fantastic…now today, being around so many kids whose dream is to go to Mars…with the reality some will do this…I hope all of you will take a few minutes and think of this amazing accomplishment (go to nasa.gov for great videos and pictures) and all join together to remember a time when the world united to watch in fascination…to all who have a dream to do to space…I encourage you to pursue it and know anything is possible…

Sign up for and invite everyone you know to go to Mars… https://go.nasa.gov/Mars2020Pass <https://go.nasa.gov/Mars2020Pass> this is a fun way to get involved and follow along with this amazing mission…