[Spacetalk] https://spaceflightnow.com; https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Tue Feb 6 05:48:36 CST 2018

Good Moring all,
  Greetings from Newberry, South Carolina…I know the last time I sent an email I was in Brazil…it was so amazing, everything went great… I did a presentation in a Planetarium…was so cool to see the presentation on the curved ceiling but also very strange as the audience is in a circle and I was in the center but had to navigate around some piece of equipment…always something new…I got back from Brazil on Friday, left on Saturday to come here to watch a young friend in a ballet, then visit schools for 4 days…it is getting lat there but I wanted to get this off in case you have an opportunity to share something with the kids…tomorrow, Space X will try something never before attempted with both the launch and return of the Falcon Heavy rockets… also check out the contest below, it should be fun...wishing you a wonderful day...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile and have fun… :-) :-)  Gabe

 <https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/02/05/falcon-heavy-demo-flight-mission-status-center/>
Live coverage: Falcon Heavy readied for maiden launch Tuesday <https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/02/05/falcon-heavy-demo-flight-mission-status-center/>
February 5, 2018
SpaceX’s first Falcon Heavy rocket is scheduled to take off on its inaugural test launch this week from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The high-power launcher will attempt to boost Elon Musk’s electric Tesla sports car into deep space as a shakedown for future Falcon Heavy missions. Liftoff from the spaceport’s historic pad 39A is scheduled for Tuesday during a launch window that opens at 1:30 p.m. EST (1830 GMT) and closes at 4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT)

                                        click on the link below the picture for a wonderful short video of what will happen today
 <http://click.emails.purch.com/?qs=aab4d18c17c42210b992134a357501600c9c8300af3f9e6658ef770e186b727084646d680ca2fb17d484cfd996c0be93eb74f8dd261e910a5b4079eb06f0346f>
SpaceX Confirms Its First Falcon Heavy Rocket Will Attempt a Triple Landing <http://click.emails.purch.com/?qs=aab4d18c17c42210b992134a357501600c9c8300af3f9e6658ef770e186b727084646d680ca2fb17d484cfd996c0be93eb74f8dd261e910a5b4079eb06f0346f>

 <http://click.emails.purch.com/?qs=aab4d18c17c4221076c58349d76c54dccdbaa13232d060da1055cf1fc2c0e177a4ddbf6f08515c95fc78ba81e271e857de23175109b3540162b32569b789a5df>
Falcon Heavy's Debut Flight Tomorrow Hailed as a 'Changing Moment' in Spaceflight <http://click.emails.purch.com/?qs=aab4d18c17c4221076c58349d76c54dccdbaa13232d060da1055cf1fc2c0e177a4ddbf6f08515c95fc78ba81e271e857de23175109b3540162b32569b789a5df>

I hope you can find some time to share this with your students and hopefully some will participate
https://indianspacesociety.wixsite.com/isswix/research-hunt
Research Hunt is an annual contest which is Operated by Space Master for students up to 24 years of age as of 10th October 2018 from anywhere in the world. Individuals will be judged separately. The grand prize will be awarded to the best entry regardless of contestant age. Students have some ideas or concepts which can be written in a well presented manner can participate. These entries are sent to Space Master for Judgement. Submissions must be received by 1st September 2018. Once you register, our team will send you a voucher with all your details along with the address on which you have to send your entries.

New Clues to TRAPPIST-1 Planet Compositions, Atmospheres
 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/pia22093-16.jpg>
This artist's concept shows what the TRAPPIST-1 planetary system may look like, based on available data about the planets' diameters, masses and distances from the host star, as of February 2018.
Credits: NASA/JPL-Caltech
Full image and caption <https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/details.php?id=PIA22093>
In the year since NASA announced the seven Earth-sized planets of the TRAPPIST-1 <https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/trappist1> system, scientists have been working hard to better understand these enticing worlds just 40 light-years away. Thanks to data from a combination of space- and ground-based telescopes, we know more about TRAPPIST-1 than any other planetary system besides our solar system. A new study in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics, using data from NASA's Spitzer and Kepler space telescopes, offers the best-yet picture of what these planets are made of <https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2018-022>. They used the telescope observations to calculate the densities more precisely than ever, then used those numbers in complex simulations. Researchers determined that all of the planets are mostly made of rock. Additionally, some have up to 5 percent of their mass in water, which is 250 times more than the oceans on Earth.