[Spacetalk] https://spaceflightnow.com https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Wed Mar 29 00:08:56 CDT 2017

hi all,
 I have fully recovered from being sick….I was very fortunate, I am always so thankful for good health….I added space flight now link because there are so many great stories and live feed for all Launches….more chances for the kids to see launches….I hope you are finding the links and stories useful….the space X launch, because of time will make it difficult to see in school but you can got to space flight now to see replays…you can also go to the nasa.gov site to see the spacewalk on nasa tv….I included the link to see the ISS from your house…I hope you will take an opportunity to share it with those you care about most…a reminder the SunNFun is a week from Sat, would be a fun day for you and a great air show too…and maybe even get to say hi :-) :-) I have received letters from so many kids, it is wonderful to read them…I save every one…I have a huge box, I put them in, then when I die, the letters & cards go with me….we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, be appreciative of the good in our lives, let those we care about most know...smile & have fun! Gabe

How to See the Space Station From the Ground: http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ <http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/>
a good site for excellent updates https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html#public

>> I want to remind everyone of the Sun’nFun Aerospace Educators Workshop, April 8th, 2017 in Lakeland, Florida….It is an amazing day and the evening program will include fireworks with a night air show. https://visitcentralflorida.org/blog/sun-n-fun-international-fly-in-expo <https://visitcentralflorida.org/blog/sun-n-fun-international-fly-in-expo> ...registration form is below….I will be doing two presentations on Sat morning…it is where I have met so many of you and from there arranged to visit schools…I hope as many of you as possible can make it….it would be a preview of what I will do at your school…and so much fun to see you….

Expedition 50 Spacewalks Prepare Station for Arrival of Commercial Crew Spacecraft
 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/33531796282_85801ec9ef_o.jpg>
Flight Engineer Thomas Pesquet of ESA (European Space Agency) is seen floating outside the International Space Station during a spacewalk. Pesquet and Expedition 50 Commander Shane Kimbrough of NASA conducted the six-hour-and-34-minute spacewalk on March 24, 2017. The two astronauts successfully disconnected cables and electrical connections on the Pressurized Mating Adapter-3 (PMA-3) to prepare for its robotic move on Sunday, March 26. PMA-3 will be moved from the port side of the Tranquility module to the space-facing side of the Harmony module, where it will become home for the station's second International Docking Adapter <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/meet-the-international-docking-adapter>, which will be delivered on a future flight of a SpaceX Dragon cargo spacecraft. They also lubricated the latching end effector on the Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator "extension" for the Canadarm2 robotic arm, inspected a radiator valve and replaced cameras on the Japanese segment of the outpost.

A second spacewalk is scheduled <https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-updates-schedule-for-international-space-station-spacewalks> for Thursday, March 30 at 8 a.m. EDT. Kimbrough and Flight Engineer Peggy Whitson of NASA will complete the PMA-3 attachment work on the Harmony module’s space-facing port. The duo will also install computer relay boxes containing software upgrades to enable future commercial crew vehicle dockings at the space station.

https://spaceflightnow.com
 <https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/03/24/ses-10-flight-preps/>
Live coverage: SpaceX aims for Thursday launch of previously-flown rocket <https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/03/24/ses-10-flight-preps/>
March 24, 2017
Liftoff of a previously-flown Falcon 9 rocket is set for 6:27 p.m. EDT (2227 GMT) Thursday from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the first time SpaceX has reused one of its first stage boosters on a second mission. Ground crews face a tight timeline to ready the rocket and the SES 10 communications satellite in time for a Thursday launch attempt.

Hubble Showcases a Remarkable Galactic Hybrid