[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Wed Nov 30 23:26:13 CST 2016

Hi Everyone,
  Tonight I head to Norway....….It has been an amazing time for me, this is my fifth trip,...I still write to some of the kids from the first visit…I have made so many friends and it is so much fun to go back for many reasons….seeing some of the same kids again, how they have grown, their zest for life, and always magical smiles….meeting with a group of students I have been writing with this year, 6th graders....such a beautiful time with all the Christmas decorations…I hope you will have a chance to say the ISS docking as well as the launch on Friday….will still give updates from Norway….wishing everyone a wonderful day...we have to remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, let those we care about most know, smile, and have fun…Gabe

NASA Television to Air International Space Station Cargo Ship Launch, Docking
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/soyuz_0.jpg>
The Russian Progress 62 spacecraft approaches the International Space Station on July 1, 2016.
Credits: NASA
A Russian cargo spacecraft is set to launch Thursday, Dec. 1, to deliver more than two and a half tons of food, fuel and supplies to the International Space Station crew. Coverage on NASA Television and the agency’s website begins at 9:30 a.m. EST ahead of the 9:51 a.m. (8:51 p.m. Baikonur time) launch. The unpiloted Russian Progress 65 will launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The spacecraft is set to dock to the rear port of the space station’s Zvezda Service Module at 11:43 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 3. NASA TV coverage of rendezvous and docking will begin at 11 a.m. The Progress 65 will spend more than six months docked to the station before departing in June for its deorbit into the Earth’s atmosphere. Check out the full NASA TV schedule and video streaming information at: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv <http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv> Keep up with the International Space Station, and its research and crews, at: http://www.nasa.gov/station <http://www.nasa.gov/station> Get breaking news, images and features from the station on Instagram and Twitter: http://instagram.com/iss <http://instagram.com/iss> & http://www.twitter.com/Space_Station <http://www.twitter.com/Space_Station>

Russian Progress cargo capsule arrives at launch pad <https://spaceflightnow.com/2016/11/29/russian-progress-cargo-capsule-arrives-at-launch-pad/>

 <https://spaceflightnow.com/2016/11/29/russian-progress-cargo-capsule-arrives-at-launch-pad/>
Russia’s next Progress cargo freighter rolled out to its launch pad in Kazakhstan on Tuesday in a final move before blasting off Thursday at the tip of a Soyuz rocket to resupply and refuel the International Space Station.

This Week in NASA History: First Hubble-servicing Mission Launches -- Dec. 2, 1993
 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/9400254_0.jpg>

This week in 1993, space shuttle Endeavour launched from NASA's Kennedy Space Center for the first servicing mission of the Hubble Space Telescope, STS-61. Here, astronauts berth Hubble in Endeavour’s cargo bay following its capture for repair. NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center has been involved in development of many of the agency’s optical instruments. Notably, Marshall played a significant role in NASA’s Great Observatories, managing the development of Hubble and the Chandra X-ray Observatory, and the Burst and Transient Source Experiment for the Compton Gamma Ray Observatory. Marshall also manages Chandra's flight, current operations and guest science observer program and has played a significant role in the testing of Hubble's successor, the James Webb Space Telescope. Scheduled to launch in October 2018, the Webb telescope will observe the most distant objects in the universe, provide images of the first galaxies formed and see unexplored planets around distant stars. The NASA History Program is responsible for generating, disseminating, and preserving NASA’s remarkable history and providing a comprehensive understanding of the institutional, cultural, social, political, economic, technological, and scientific aspects of NASA’s activities in aeronautics and space. For more pictures like this one and to connect to NASA’s history, visit the History Program’s webpage <http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/history/index.html>.