[Spacetalk] NASA & The Great American Teach-In, November 17, 2016!

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Sun Nov 6 22:22:00 CST 2016

 Hi all,
 I hope you had a wonderful weekend and will look forward to the  week ahead, of course, one day at a time…..Nov 17th much of Florida will celebrate the Great American Teach-In, a day for kids to learn about different careers from the people who work in them….it is always fun for everyone….NASA’s Speakers Bureau get so many requests for speakers….I get so many as well…NASA has decided to initiate a day long live feed from various professionals on Kennedy Space Center….please review the schedule and register to participate…..this is open any school in all countries, of course the time zones may affect your ability to participate but if you can, I think it would be fun for the kids to listen to a NASA person speak about their career…I had a wonderful time last week when I participated in the  2016 Florida Technical Students Association (TSA) Leadership Conference speaking with 400 students, 6th -12th grade…their teachers and parents….the kids were great, I think the adults enjoyed it too….I always enjoy these so very much….on Wed I will be going two schools so it will be another fun day with the kids… Wishing you a wonderful day filled with fun and laughter...we must always remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, make each day special, let those we care about most know, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun! Gabe

> Please find attached the details for the 2016 Great American Teach-In. Links for logging in live are provided in the attached PDF. Please feel free to forward this to any schools who you think would like to participate. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
>

>  Bethanné J. Hull
KISS III
WTE-Wichita Tribal Enterprises, LLC
Robotic Mining Competition & Speakers Bureau Coordinator supporting
NASA KSC Communications & Public Engagement, Outreach Office
Mailcode: KISSIII-PX-O-1
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
Voice: (321) 867-9426
Fax: (321) 867-8007
E-mail: bethanne.hull at nasa.gov <mailto:bethanne.hull at nasa.gov>

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”  ~Albert Einstein~

NASA Announces Media Briefing on New Hurricane Mission
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/cygnss-inorbit-artconcept_002_0.jpeg>
Artist's concept of one of the eight Cyclone Global Navigation Satellite System satellites deployed in space above a hurricane.
Credits: NASA
NASA will hold a media briefing at 1 p.m. EST Thursday, Nov. 10, to discuss the upcoming Cyclone Global Navigation Satellite System (CYGNSS) mission, a constellation of eight microsatellites that will gather never-before-seen details on the formation and intensity of tropical cyclones and hurricanes. The briefing will be held in the James E. Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters, located at 300 E St. SW in Washington, and will air live on NASA Television and stream on the agency's website. The briefing participants are:

Christine Bonniksen, CYGNSS program executive with the Science Mission Directorate's Earth Science Division at NASA Headquarters

John Scherrer, CYGNSS project manager at the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio
Chris Ruf, CYGNSS principal investigator at the Department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Mary Morris, doctoral student in the Department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering
Media may ask questions from participating agency centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must send an email providing their name, affiliation and telephone number to Dwayne Brown at dwayne.c.brown at nasa.gov <mailto:dwayne.c.brown at nasa.gov> by noon Nov. 10. Media and the public also may ask questions during the briefing on Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.
CYGNSS, targeted for a Dec. 12 launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, is the first mission competitively selected by NASA’s Earth Venture program. This program focuses on low-cost, science-driven missions to enhance our understanding of the current state of Earth and its complex, dynamic system and enable continual improvement in the prediction of future changes.
The Space Physics Research Laboratory at the University of Michigan College of Engineering in Ann Arbor leads overall mission execution, and its Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering department leads the science investigation. The Earth Science Division of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate oversees the mission.
For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and updated scheduling information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv <http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv> For more information about NASA's Earth science activities, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/earth <http://www.nasa.gov/earth>
 For more information about NASA’s CYGNSS mission, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/cygnss <http://www.nasa.gov/cygnss>

Huge waves are sculpted in this two-lobed nebula called the Red Spider Nebula, located some 3,000 light-years away in the constellation of Sagittarius.