[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Tue May 17 02:54:15 CDT 2016

Good morning all,
 I wanted to express my sincere congratulations to all my friends in Norway….I wish you a wonderful Constitution Day….from my first visit, over 3 years ago, through today…your hospitality and friendly smiles have made all my visits so very, very special… the friendships have been amazing as we have spent time in both Norway and the US, to all the teachers who have welcomed me into the schools, been so supportive, and share their schools with me, I thank you so much…and mostly… to all the thousands and thousands of kids…I can’t thank you enough for your warm smiles, your willingness to share thoughts, and for staying in touch….it is something I never could have imagined, something for which I am so very grateful, and will look forward to continuing…have an amazing Celebration as I am sure there will be big parties, parades, and so much Patriotism….which I admire in your country….sharing hugs and smiles :-) :-)

 The school year is almost over here, one week and kids are finished for the summer…teachers are all looking so very sad (NOT)….I know you have had another successful year and are so deserving of this break…although many of you will teach summer school which is amazing to me….everything is going great here…been staying so very busy with kids and schools…also have some summer visits planned so let me know if you would like me to visit during the summer…A special milestone for the ISS…be sure to visit this site when you get  a few minutes, the kids will love the pictures….http://www.nasa.gov/content/best-year-in-space-photographs-from-scott-kelly Also I always mention about seeing the ISS so I have included the link below….wising you a wonderful day….we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, smile, and have fun...Gabe

To see when the International Space Station will be flying over your town, go to: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

Space Station Updates <https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation> <http://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/feed/>
Station Reaches 100,000 Orbits, Deploys Cubesats <https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/2016/05/16/station-reaches-100000-orbits-deploys-cubesats/>
15 hours ago
The International Space Station completed its 100,000th orbit early this morning after its first component, the Zarya cargo module, launched Nov. 20, 1998. That is over 2.6 billion miles traveled, nearly the distance from Earth to Neptune (2.9 billion miles), or ten round trips from Mars to Earth. A few hours after the station reached this morning’s orbital benchmark, a several types of Cubesats were deployed from the Kibo lab module’s airlock. More Cubesats will deployed through Wednesday contributing to a wide variety of research designed by students and scientists. The crew is measuring the grip strength of mice today for the Rodent Research experiment.

 <http://nasa.tumblr.com/>
Around the World 100,000 Times <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/144455228729/around-the-world-100000-times>
The International Space Station is a microgravity laboratory <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fmission_pages%2Fstation%2Fresearch%2Findex.html&t=YjE4ZTUyNDllNjRkMDM5OWIzNWQzYTcwYmYxN2I5NzkwZmIxZGY0YSx1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D> in which an international crew <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fmission_pages%2Fstation%2Fexpeditions%2Findex.html&t=YjU3NmY1OWY4MDM3ZTE0MzUzOTJmZTgyNWQ0ZGViNjViNDA3MmEyMyx1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D> of six people live and work while traveling at a speed of five miles per second (or 17,500 miles per hour), orbiting Earth every 90 minutes.
Monday, May 16, marks the International Space Station <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fmission_pages%2Fstation%2Fmain%2Findex.html&t=NGMwZjI5YWViMGUzN2NiNzY4YzJkOTU2ZmEyMzgyZmUwY2U3OGUzMCx1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D>’s 100,000th orbit <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FSe4-RpKdgZc&t=OWJiMzU5ZjliM2U5ZjUxYjMwNWYwMjI2Nzg4MmExMjJlMjcyNzA0Myx1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D>!

That’s more than 2,643,342,240 miles <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FSe4-RpKdgZc&t=OWJiMzU5ZjliM2U5ZjUxYjMwNWYwMjI2Nzg4MmExMjJlMjcyNzA0Myx1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D> traveled! Which is also like 10 round trips to Mars, OR nearly the distance to Neptune <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/135275037694/how-well-do-you-know-neptune>!

The space station <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Ffeature%2Fthe-international-space-station-is-a-unique-place&t=NzQ2NDRhYzljMDQzZjRjNjRkOTQxNzE3MTBiZmRlYzNkN2ZiNzM3Yix1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D> has been in orbit for over 17 years, and during that time, over 1,922 research investigations have been performed. More than 1,200 scientific results publications have been produced as a result.
Important studies like the VEGGIE experiment <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/137756869069/space-gardening-101>, which is working to grow plants in microgravity, and the Twin’s Study <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/129151446854/the-one-year-mission>, which is studying the impacts of microgravity on the human body, are helping us on our journey to Mars. Using this unique orbiting laboratory as a place to conduct research is helping us learn important things for future deep space missions.

There have even been 222 different people that have visited the space station. This includes the current crew that is working and living on orbit.
Did you know that the space station is the third brightest object in the sky? If you know when and where to look up, you can spot it on your own! Find out when and where to look up HERE <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/139058870124/spot-the-international-space-station>.
On Snapchat? Watch today’s Live Story to discover more about the orbiting laboratory and get a tour of the station! You can also add ‘nasa <http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.snapchat.com%2Fadd%2Fnasa&t=YWI5NzlmMjAyZGJmN2M5ZGVlNDllOTZmOWYwNmM0NDI4MWFjMzU4Yix1aGpRUTZNSw%3D%3D>’ on Snapchat to get a regular dose of space.
Make sure to follow us on Tumblr for your regular dose of space: http://nasa.tumblr.com <http://nasa.tumblr.com/>
nasa <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/nasa> space <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/space> spacestation <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/spacestation> internationalspacestation <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/internationalspacestation> laboratory <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/laboratory> orbit <http://nasa.tumblr.com/tagged/orbit>
1,024 notes <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/144455228729/around-the-world-100000-times#notes> May 16th, 2016 <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/144455228729/around-the-world-100000-times>
 <http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/144455228729/around-the-world-100000-times#>  <https://www.tumblr.com/reblog/144455228729/uhjQQ6MK>

 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/3rrnew_jpg.jpg>
Oct. 26, 2015
 <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/third-rock-radio/#> <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/third-rock-radio/#> <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/third-rock-radio/#> <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/third-rock-radio/#> <https://www.nasa.gov/feature/third-rock-radio/#>
Third Rock Radio
Explore and discover new worlds of music with NASA’s Third Rock Radio. RFC Media matches “new rock discovery” with tales of NASA’s exciting, on-going mission to create one of the most talked about digital radio channels on, or off the planet. Third Rock fans worldwide share their discoveries from Music Explorers who present ”the best new rock out there – really out there!” Third Rock’s disarmingly hip, street-smart context connects and engages young adults and helps NASA deepen relationships with its next generation of avid supporters. Third Rock Radio is a recognized New Media phenomenon attracting the brightest and best, tech-savvy young adults. Third Rock’s audience is a blend of scientists, engineers, researchers, innovators and astronauts, together with students and music lovers everywhere, all of whom share a love for the new and undiscovered.

Listen to Third Rock Radio online. <http://thirdrockradio.rfcmedia.com/>

Last Updated: Oct. 26, 2015
Editor: Steve Fox
Tags:  International Space Station (ISS) <https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/index.html>