[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Thu Jan 7 22:55:39 CST 2016

Good morning all,
 I wonder how many of you are ready for the weekend? It is really funny listening to the difficulties in getting back to normalcy…one of the students was writing that his circadian rhythm was all messed up ….but he has told me he is now back in sync so I guess that applies to all…At any rate, I know everyone’s first week back is complete and I am sure everyone will enjoy the weekend. Next week the astronauts will be doing a space walk… Coverage of the spacewalk will begin at 6:30 a.m. (EST) on Friday, Jan. 15, with the spacewalk scheduled to begin at 7:55 a.m. http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv <http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv>  I hope you can share this with the kids…if only for a few minutes…we always talk about dreams and it seems it would be a wonderful time, while they are watching this to remind them anything is possible….to focus on learning as it is the key to their success…for the second year in a row I have been fortunate to help students who have won the opportunity to have an experiment conducted on the ISS. Four young girls Mya, Jessie, Julianne, and Serena from Mabry Elementary in Tampa have been selected to do an experiment on ISS using Quinoa seeds. They are so excited and will be speaking with representatives from NASA to discuss the experiment and make final preparations…we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, be appreciative of the good in our lives, let those we care about most know, smile & have fun! gabe

NASA Astronaut Tim Kopra on Dec. 21 Spacewalk
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/23266300064_9f2cd09bec_o.jpg>
Expedition 46 Flight Engineer Tim Kopra on a Dec. 21, 2015 spacewalk, in which Kopra and Expedition 46 Commander Scott Kelly successfully moved the International Space Station's mobile transporter rail car ahead of Wednesday's docking of a Russian cargo supply spacecraft. After quickly completing their primary objective for the spacewalk, Kelly and Kopra tackled several additional "get-ahead" tasks. Kelly routed a second pair of cables in preparation for International Docking Adapter installment work to support U.S. commercial crew vehicles. Kopra routed an Ethernet cable that ultimately will connect to a Russian laboratory module. They also retrieved tools that had been in a toolbox on the outside of the station, so they can be used for future work.

The three-hour and 16-minute spacewalk was the second for Kopra, who arrived to the station on Dec. 15, and the third for Kelly, who is nine months into a yearlong mission.

YOU CAN GO TO… http://spotthestation.nasa.gov to find out when the ISS will pass over your house so you can see it as it flies over….it will look like  a bright star but it will be moving across the sky at about 17,500 mph (28,000 kph)….you don’t need binoculars or a telescope to see it….

                                                                                                                                                 FOR AN INSTANT, BEFORE SUNRISE...THE SPACE STATION GLOWS ORANGE

For an instant before sunrise, the space station glows orange.
we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun!!!! J gabewe have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, be appreciative of the good in our lives, smile & have fun!!!! J gabe