[Spacetalk] https://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabe Gabrielle gabe at educatemotivate.com
Wed Nov 11 02:40:14 CST 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope your week is going well and you are having fun with the kids…today is such special day in our country as we celebrate Veterans’ Day, so thankful to all who have given the ultimate as well as those who have had their lives changed so drastically by the injuries they sustained yet remain proud Americans….I would also like to extend my thanks to those in all countries who have supported their country in the same way Americans do…..so Happy Veterans Day to all…..tomorrow will be kind of a crazy day for me as I will be visiting Roosevelt Elementary all morning and then have another at Lawton Elementary in the Evening…this was last minute substitute as the speaker that had requested and has presented previously was a last minute cancellation…kind of difficult to replace someone who fit their program so well…also it will me a mixed audience of kids and adults which is different for me...t hope I can make it good for the kids and the event….in between I will try to get in gym time…1 1/2 hours and get some last minute gifts for kids so it will be pretty much non stop from 7 am until around 10 pm….I look so forward to spending time with the kids and it always such a wonderful time for me….hopefully, them too :-) we have to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, be thankful for the good in our lives, let those we care about most know, smile and have fun... Gabe

HAPPY VETERANS’ DAY and THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO SERVED….

Scott Kelly on the Second Spacewalk of Expedition 45
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/iss045e094082.jpg>
On Nov. 6, 2015, NASA astronauts Scott Kelly and Kjell Lindgren spent 7 hours and 48 minutes working outside the International Space Station on the 190th spacewalk <http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/spacewalks> in support of station assembly and maintenance. The astronauts restored the port truss (P6) ammonia cooling system to its original configuration, the main task for the spacewalk. They also returned ammonia to the desired levels in both the prime and back-up systems. The spacewalk was the second for both astronauts. Crew members have now spent a total of 1,192 hours and 4 minutes working outside the orbital laboratory. At about an hour after the 6:22 a.m. EST start of the spacewalk, astronaut Kjell Lindgren took this photograph of Scott Kelly at work, with the station's solar arrays visible in the background.

NASA Unveils Celestial Fireworks as Official Image for Hubble 25th Anniversary
The brilliant tapestry of young stars flaring to life resemble a glittering fireworks display in the 25th anniversary NASA Hubble Space Telescope image, released to commemorate a quarter century of exploring the solar system and beyond since its launch on April 24, 1990.

“Hubble has completely transformed our view of the universe, revealing the true beauty and richness of the cosmos” said John Grunsfeld, astronaut and associate administrator of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate. “This vista of starry fireworks and glowing gas is a fitting image for our celebration of 25 years of amazing Hubble science.”
The sparkling centerpiece of Hubble’s anniversary fireworks is a giant cluster of about 3,000 stars called Westerlund 2, named for Swedish astronomer Bengt Westerlund who discovered the grouping in the 1960s. The cluster resides in a raucous stellar breeding ground known as Gum 29, located 20,000 light-years away from Earth in the constellation Carina.
 <https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/15-066.png>
 <applewebdata://DCA92E61-619C-4D93-81BB-32AE5FBF2A66>

To capture this image, Hubble’s near-infrared Wide Field Camera 3 pierced through the dusty veil shrouding the stellar nursery, giving astronomers a clear view of the nebula and the dense concentration of stars in the central cluster. The cluster measures between 6 and 13 light-years across.

The giant star cluster is about 2 million years old and contains some of our galaxy’s hottest, brightest and most massive stars. Some of its heftiest stars unleash torrents of ultraviolet light and hurricane-force winds of charged particles etching into the enveloping hydrogen gas cloud.
The nebula reveals a fantasy landscape of pillars, ridges and valleys. The pillars, composed of dense gas and thought to be incubators for new stars, are a few light-years tall and point to the central star cluster. Other dense regions surround the pillars, including reddish-brown filaments of gas and dust.
The brilliant stars sculpt the gaseous terrain of the nebula and help create a successive generation of baby stars. When the stellar winds hit dense walls of gas, the shockwaves may spark a new torrent of star birth along the wall of the cavity. The red dots scattered throughout the landscape are a rich population of newly-forming stars still wrapped in their gas-and-dust cocoons. These tiny, faint stars are between 1 million and 2 million years old -- relatively young stars -- that have not yet ignited the hydrogen in their cores. The brilliant blue stars seen throughout the image are mostly foreground stars.

Orion Service Module Stacking Assembly Secured For Flight
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/22786154946_393b8cfbcc_o.jpg>
The Orion spacecraft service module stacking assembly interface ring and stack holding stand are secured on a special transportation platform and are being loaded into NASA's Super Guppy aircraft at the Shuttle Landing Facility at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. On Nov. 3, the Guppy flew from Kennedy <https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasakennedy/albums/72157651723987839> to NASA Glenn Research Center's Plum Brook Station facility in Sandusky, Ohio.

A full-size test version of the Orion service module, provided by ESA (European Space Agency), for Orion will arrive at Plum Brook Station this month <http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-opens-media-accreditation-for-orion-service-module-event>, where it will be evaluated in the Space Power Facility <http://www.nasa.gov/content/nasa-s-space-power-facility-getting-ready-to-shake-orion-up> during a multi-month test campaign to ensure it can withstand the trip to space. The service module is a critical piece of Orion and provides air, water, in-space propulsion and power for the spacecraft. Testing on the crew module adapter test article for the service module began in July 2015. Engineers are using a “building block” approach to testing, in which they evaluate each piece as the elements composing the service module are stacked atop each other to validate the module.

Orion is the spacecraft that will launch atop NASA's Space Launch System rocket on Exploration Mission-1 in 2018. ESA, along with its contractor Airbus, is providing the service module for Orion’s next mission, a partnership that will bring international cooperation to the journey to Mars.

 love to share these…..

Endeavour Lifts Off
Space shuttle Endeavour lights up the night sky as it lifts off from Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The primary payload for the STS-130 mission to the International Space Station is the Tranquility node, a pressurized module that will provide additional room for crew members and many of the station's life support and environmental control systems. Attached to one end of Tranquility is a cupola, a unique work area with six windows on its sides and one on top. The cupola resembles a circular bay window and will provide a vastly improved view of the station's exterior. The multi-directional view will allow the crew to monitor spacewalks and docking operations, as well as provide a spectacular view of Earth and other celestial objects