[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/main/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 13 07:01:41 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a great weekend and are excited about tomorrows New Horizons arrival at Pluto...this is such a Historic Event....so far everything is going great with a 7:50 am arrival, July 14th....I've listed some sites below so you can get info on every aspect of the mission as well as get more involved with some unique opportunities to be a part of the flyby....remember you can see NASATV on the internet, just click the link below...wishing you a wonderful day....we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know...smile and have fun...Gabe

PLUTO FLYBY BEGINS - NASA's New Horizons probe has officially begun to execute its sequence of Pluto flyby observations as it zooms toward its closest approach to the dwarf planet, Tuesday, 14 July 2015, Closest Approach: 11:49:58 UTC (7:49:58 am EDT)
NASA Missions Have Their Eyes Peeled on Pluto
What's icy, has "wobbly" potato-shaped moons, and is arguably the world's favorite dwarf planet? The answer is Pluto, and NASA's New Horizons is speeding towards the edge of our solar system for a July 14 flyby.

Pluto By Moonlight [http://www.nasa.gov/sites/all/themes/custom/nasatwo/images/download.svg] <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/nh-pluto-moonlight.jpg>
On July 14, New Horizons mission scientists will soon obtain the first images of the night region of Pluto, using only the light from Charon, itself softly illuminated by a Sun 1,000 times dimmer than it is at Earth.

Almost there, just a day away...the sites below offer many options to follow the event and I hope you will involve your kids too...as this is such an Historic Event and it will come up in future conversations...did you see the flyby??? :)
For NASA TV schedules, satellite coordinates, and links to streaming video, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
The public can follow the path of the spacecraft in coming days in real time with a visualization of the actual trajectory data, using NASA's online site: http://eyes.jpl.nasa.gov/eyes-on-pluto.html
To enter where you live and tell you at your local time what the equivalent brightness is as noon on Pluto visit: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/plutotime<http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/plutotime>
To examine a 3-D model of the New Horizons spacecraft and download a .stl file for 3-D printing, visit: http://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/detail/new-horizons
Follow the New Horizons mission on Twitter<https://twitter.com/nasanewhorizons> and use the hashtag #PlutoFlyby to join the conversation. Live updates will be available on the mission Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/new.horizons1>.
For more information on the New Horizons mission, including fact sheets, schedules, video and images, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/newhorizons and http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/plutotoolkit.cfm