[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 7 07:03:37 CDT 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope you are enjoying your day and for those of you in the US had a wonderful 4th....I do wish to thank the many friends in Norway, Denmark, Qatar, Germany, Trinidad, & England who sent well wishes and shared in our country's special day. It makes it so much more fun to share it with friends who care enough to take the time to write....I hope some of you were able to see the launch of the Russian supply ship and docking with the ISS as well as share it with the kids....remember you can always go to http://www.nasa.gov/index.html  for replays as well as the subject link for all the latest NASA info. ONE WEEK to the Pluto fly by...can you imagine, 10 years, 3 billion miles and it is finally almost here....on July 4th there was an "anomaly", which in space talk, is never a good thing.....all communication was lost with the space craft for a brief period...the way the news was broadcast it had many of us thinking the worst for a few seconds but it was quickly followed up with everything is now back to normal and the mission is progressing as planned...there is concern that as fast as the mission is travelling something as small as a grain of rice can destroy the ship...so all that said the excitement is really building with daily updates as well as pictures and new scientific  discoveries... I hope you can find ways to involve the kids as this is such a Historic Event and the kids love Pluto :) Wishing you all a wonderful day...we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, keep things in perspective, smile and have fun....gabe

  Russian Supply Ship Arrives at ISS:   http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

NASA Met Unprecedented Challenges Sending Spacecraft to Pluto

 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/15-078b.jpg>

These are the most recent high-resolution views of Pluto sent by NASA's New Horizons spacecraft, including one showing the four mysterious dark spots on Pluto that have captured the imagination of the world. The Long Range Reconnaissance Imager (LORRI) obtained these three images between July 1 and 3 of 2015, prior to the July 4 anomaly that sent New Horizons into safe mode.
 <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/nh-pluto-color-7-6-2015_0.png>