[Spacetalk] HAPPY NEW YEAR

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 5 06:25:22 CST 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a wonderful Holiday and I think most, if not all, schools are back today...I spent most of it fighting bronchitis & pneumonia...but as I always remind myself, it could have been worse, so I still enjoyed each day, although was not as productive as I had planned...but are we ever??? I'm sure it will take a couple of days to get back into the routine as I would imagine you all enjoyed the time off as much as me :) tomorrow there is a Space X launch to the ISS, at 6:18 am, local time. I know it is early for most of you but you can still show the kids a replay on NASATV...also check out the great site below for wonderful info geared towards assisting teachers...thanks to Syndie for sharing...wishing you a wonderful day...we have to always remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, be appreciative of the good in our lives, make each day special, smile & have fun! Gabe

Gabe....take a look at this free site...for teachers, students, and the public from PBS.
View "Fla. curates educational library of PBS videos" article at http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/Tablet/PalmBeachPost/SharedArticle.aspx?href=PBC%2F2014%2F12%2F29&id=Ar00104

December 29, 2014
NASA Updates Pre-Launch Briefings for Upcoming Resupply Mission to Space Station

The fifth SpaceX cargo mission to the International Space Station (ISS) under NASA's Commercial Resupply Services contract now is scheduled to launch about 6:18 a.m. EST Tuesday, Jan. 6, from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. NASA Television coverage of the launch begins at 5 a.m.
The prelaunch news conferences also have moved to Monday, Jan. 5, at the agency's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. All briefings, which are subject to a change in time, will air live on NASA TV and the agency's website.
The first briefing of the day will air at noon and cover the Cloud-Aerosol Transport System (CATS) Earth science instrument headed to the space station. Participants for this briefing will be:
The second briefing will air at 1:30 p.m. and cover some of the numerous science investigations headed to the space station. Participants for the science briefing will be:
The final briefing will air at 4 p.m. and provide up-to-date information about the launch. Participants for the prelaunch briefing will be:
An on-time launch on Jan. 6 will result in the Dragon spacecraft arriving at the space station on Thursday, Jan. 8. Expedition 42 Commander Barry "Butch" Wilmore of NASA will use the station's 57.7-foot robotic arm to reach out and capture Dragon at approximately 6 a.m. Flight Engineer Samantha Cristoforetti of the European Space Agency will support Wilmore as they operate from the station's cupola. NASA TV coverage of grapple will begin at 4:30 a.m. Coverage of Dragon's installation to the Earth-facing port of the Harmony module will begin at 8:15 a.m.
For an updated schedule of prelaunch briefings, events and NASA TV coverage, visit: http://go.nasa.gov/1FrjDEO
For launch countdown coverage, NASA's launch blog, and more information about the mission, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/spacex
For NASA TV schedule and video streaming information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
For more information about the International Space Station, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station

View "This Year at NASA" for 2014 (Published Dec. 19, 2014) In 2014, NASA took significant steps on the agency's journey to Mars -- testing cutting-edge technologies and making scientific discoveries while studying our changing Earth and the infinite universe as the agency made progress on the next generation of air travel. Here's a look at some of the top NASA stories of the year!
To watch "This Year at NASA" dated Dec. 19, 2014, click on the image below:
 [cid:ED5BE875-4E58-4EE7-BD9F-CFD70122A48F] <http://youtu.be/LveV4vtThOE>

Watch the Video
You also may access "This Year at NASA" at: http://youtu.be/LveV4vtThOE
"This Year at NASA" and other NASA features are available at http://www.nasa.gov<http://www.nasa.gov/> under NASA Multimedia, http://www.youtube.com/nasatelevision and iTunes.

A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY :)

STS-119 MCC Status Report #05<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTQzOTQyNCZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC00Mzk0MjQmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NDgwMTc5JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZleHRyYT0mJiY=&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts119/news/STS-119-05.html> The space shuttle Discovery docked with the International Space Station at 4:20 p.m. CDT, delivering the final truss segment and pair of U.S. solar arrays and a new crew member to take up residence aboard the growing orbital scientific complex.