[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Mon Feb 9 06:25:36 CST 2015

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a wonderful weekend....it was great here, sunny and warm...still cool (for us) in the mornings but as long as it is sunny, it will be pleasant in the afternoons....the launch was delayed last night, it has  been rescheduled for tonight...at 6:07....you can let the kids know so they can watch it at home on NASA TV and tomorrow it will be replayed as well....wishing everyone a wonderful day...we must always remember to do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special, let those we care about most know, be thankful for the good in our lives, smile and have fun....gabe

<https://blogs.nasa.gov/dscovr/>
NOAA DSCOVR Spacecraft Launch Scrubbed
 <https://blogs.nasa.gov/dscovr/>
The launch of NOAA's Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket was scrubbed for Sunday, Feb. 8 due to loss of the Air Force's Eastern Range radar, which is required for launch. The earliest next opportunity is Monday, Feb. 9, at 6:07pm ET.
DSCOVR will provide critical data necessary for NOAA space weather forecasters to issue timely and accurate warnings of solar storms that have the potential to disrupt major public infrastructure systems such as power grids, telecommunications, aviation and GPS.

NASA TV Coverage Set For Partner Space Station Cargo Spacecraft Activities

        [http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/673xvariable_height/public/m15-021a_0.jpg] <http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/m15-021a_0.jpg>
This image shows the European Space Agency's "Georges Lemaitre" Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV-5), photographed by an Expedition 40 crew member, about to dock to the aft port of the International Space Station's Zvezda Service Module on Aug. 12, 2014. The spacecraft is scheduled to depart the station at 8:15 a.m. EST Feb. 14.
Image Credit: NASA
NASA Television will provide live coverage of the departure and the arrival of two cargo spacecraft at the International Space Station (ISS) this month. The European Space Agency's (ESA) fifth and final Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV-5) cargo craft will departure the station on Saturday, Feb. 14. Launch and docking of a Russian Progress resupply spacecraft will follow on Tuesday, Feb. 17.
NASA TV coverage of the ATV undocking will begin at 8:15 a.m. EST on Feb. 14.  The "George Lemaitre" ATV-5, which arrived at the orbital laboratory last August, will undock from the aft port of the Zvezda Service Module at 8:41 a.m. After it undocks, the "Georges Lemaitre" will move to a safe distance from the station where it will stay for 13 days until it is deorbited on Friday, Feb. 27.
"Georges Lemaitre" is the fifth and final spacecraft in the series of European supply vehicles that began servicing the station in the spring of 2008. In all, the ATVs delivered approximately 34 tons of supplies to the complex while docked to the station for 776 days. The ship's reentry into the atmosphere over the South Pacific Ocean will be documented by the Expedition 42 crew on board the station as well as NASA, ESA and other agencies around the world to gather detailed information on the mechanics of the breakup of a spacecraft reentering the Earth's atmosphere.
NASA TV coverage of the ISS Progress 58 spacecraft launch will begin at 5:45 a.m. on Feb. 17. Docking coverage will begin at 11:30 a.m. The Progress will launch at 6 a.m. (5 p.m. Baikonur time) from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan with almost three tons of food, fuel and supplies for the station's Expedition 42 crew. Progress 58 will make its four-orbit, six-hour trip to the space station and dock at about noon.
For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit:
http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
For more information about the International Space Station, and its crews and research, visit:
http://www.nasa.gov/station

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/planck-mission-explores-the-history-of-our-universe/index.html>
Planck Mission Explores the History of Our Universe
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/planck-mission-explores-the-history-of-our-universe/index.html>
Hot gas, dust and magnetic fields mingle in a colorful swirl in this new map of our Milky Way galaxy. The image is part of a new and improved data set from Planck, a European Space Agency mission in which NASA played a key role. Planck spent more than four years observing relic radiation left over from the birth of our universe, called the cosmic microwave background. The space telescope is helping scientists better understand the history and fabric of our universe, as well as our own Milky Way.

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/nasas-curiosity-analyzing-sample-of-martian-mountain/index.html>
Curiosity Analyzing Sample of Martian Mountain
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/nasas-curiosity-analyzing-sample-of-martian-mountain/index.html>
The second bite of a Martian mountain taken by NASA's Curiosity Mars rover hints at long-ago effects of water that was more acidic than any evidenced in the rover's first taste of Mount Sharp, a layered rock record of ancient Martian environments. The rover used a new, low-percussion-level drilling technique to collect sample powder last week from a rock target called "Mojave 2."
<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/dawn-gets-closer-views-of-ceres/index.html>
Dawn Spacecraft Gets Closer Views of Ceres
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/dawn-gets-closer-views-of-ceres/index.html>
NASA's Dawn spacecraft, on approach to dwarf planet Ceres, has acquired its latest and closest-yet snapshot of this mysterious world. At a resolution of 8.5 miles (14 kilometers) per pixel, the pictures represent the sharpest images to date of Ceres. After the spacecraft arrives and enters into orbit around the dwarf planet, it will study the intriguing world in great detail.
<http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/hubble-captures-rare-triple-moon-conjunction/index.html>
Hubble Captures Rare Triple-Moon Conjunction
 <http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/hubble-captures-rare-triple-moon-conjunction/index.html>
Firing off a string of action snapshots, NASA's Hubble Space Telescope captured the rare occurrence of three of Jupiter's largest moons racing across the banded face of the gas-giant planet: Europa, Callisto, and Io. These so-called Galilean moons, named after the 17th century scientist Galileo Galilei, who discovered them with a telescope, complete orbits around Jupiter with durations ranging from 2 days to 17 days. Seeing three moons transiting the face of Jupiter at the same time is rare, occurring only once or twice a decade.