[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 3 07:56:17 CDT 2014

Good morning all,
 I wanted to wish everyone a very happy 4th and long weekend ahead....check out this video... http://www.youtube.com/embed/_LpMB1OZ53g?feature=player_detailpage%22%20frameborder=%220%22%20allowfullscreen%3E%3C/iframe%3E&autoplay=1 it's a great fireworks display, I hope you can share it with the kids...we have to remind ourselves how fortunate we are to live in the USA with so many opportunities and freedom. Be safe and remember we have to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, live in the present, make each day special as we pass through it, be thankful for the good in our lives...smile & have fun, Gabe

Liftoff! OCO-2 Heads to Orbit<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwNzAyLjMzNjI2MTQxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDcwMi4zMzYyNjE0MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTA5MTAxJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/liftoff-oco-2-heads-to-orbit>
07/02/2014 12:00 PM EDT
[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/thumbnails/image/201407020003hq.jpg?itok=Tx7iw-PK]
July 2, 2014 --  A United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket launches with the Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) satellite onboard from Space Launch Complex 2 at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. OCO-2 will measure the global distribution of carbon dioxide, the leading human-produced greenhouse gas driving changes in Earth's climate. Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

[X]
New Spaceport Magazine Available Online Today
Check out your copy of Spaceport Magazine, out today! The June issue covers a vast array of topics. Here are just a few:

*       Boeing unveils CST-100 processing plans
*       Orion begins countdown to EFT-1
*       Sea turtles dig dark skies
*       World Cup provides lesson in aerodynamics
*       High school science fair winner tours Kennedy

The best way to view SPM is through the ISSUU digital newsstand<http://go.nasa.gov/1qNB9wc> or click the picture to the left. Download or view the Section 508 compliant version via the PDF<http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/files/july2014.pdf>.
To view past issues of Spaceport Magazine, go to http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/spaceport-magazine.html.
The magazine team is interested in your feedback and ideas for content -- email us at ksc-spaceportmagazine at mail.nasa.gov<mailto:ksc-spaceportmagazine at mail.nasa.gov>.
POC: Christopher Hummel, 861-3180 or Christopher.K.Hummel at nasa.gov<mailto:Christopher.K.Hummel at nasa.gov>

Fantastic STEM opportunity for Kids and College Students.
Changes to the Reach for the Stars ~ National Rocket Competition make it easier to win!
Local competitions now produce state winners. State winners (both Youth & Collegiate) will be invited to compete for the national title. The opportunity will be offered to 100 at Space Camp / US Space & Rocket Center. You don't want the young minds in your state to miss out
Get involved in hosting a local competition. It is fun, affordable & easy to run.
Orders placed before the end of July will include a FREE Launch Set (includes launch pad, launch control and a demo rocket) value over $25.00
Deadline for local competitions extended to July 31st.
Finals will be held under an 'October Sky'.
Answer the following and we'll send a 'no-obligation' estimate -
1.  How many competitors?
2.  What age / grade?
3.  When do you want to launch?
4.  Do you have launch equipment? (launch pad and control)
5.  Are you experienced?
Details, rules, photos, grant info & more: www.TheRocketman.net<http://www.therocketman.net/>
Wishing you light winds on launch day.
Jack & Kathy Colpas, co-directors
Helping Kids Reach for the Stars / Reach for the Stars ~ National Rocket Competition
STEM - Educational Outreach (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
www.TheRocketman.net<http://www.therocketman.net/>    Rocketman at SciConServices.com<blocked::Rocketman at SciConServices.com>
Phone (941) 955-3958  /  Fax (206) 350-7880
Helping Kids Reach for the Stars is recognized by: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Astronaut Hall of Fame, Space Camp - US Space & Rocket Center, Florida Association of Science Teachers (FAST), Kennedy Space Center - Educator Resource Center, National Girls Collaborative Project, the Florida Space Grant Consortium (FSGC),  National Space Society (NSS), South Eastern Consortium for Minorities in Engineering (SECME), Florida League of Middle Schools (FLMS), Florida Engineering Education Conference (FEEC), Florida Space Research Institute (FSRI), Southwest Florida Girl Scout Council, YMCA of Central Florida, Tampa Tripoli Rocket Association, the Private School Consultancy (PSC) and many public school systems.
We are recommended by;  *Astronaut Bill Readdy, former Chairman of the Board / Challenger Learning Centers   *Astronaut Alan Bean, Moonwalker & Artist   *Astronaut Bob Cabana / Director Kennedy Space Center   *Astronaut - Senator Bill Nelson   *Astronaut John McBride    *Astronaut Jerry Ross   *Astronaut Tom Jones   *Astronaut Mark Lee   *Astronaut Marcos Pontes   *Ray Griffin & Mary Liscombe, former Directors / Christa McAuliffe Center   *Grace Corrigan - Christa McAuliffe's mother   *Susan Borland, Board Member - Challenger Center for Space Science Education   *Ann Grimm, Educational Services Coordinator retired / Estes Educator   *Author Homer Hickam (Rocket Boys, October Sky) and the Original Rocket Boys  *Dr. Warren Layfield, Education Director & TARC Mentor / Colorado Springs Rocket Society (COSROCS)   *Dr. Jaydeep Mukherjee & Sreela Mallick, Directors / NASA Florida Space Grant Consortium  *Chrissy Sokol, former Assistant Manager / Apollo - Saturn V Center  *Karen Malesky, former President / Florida Association of Science Teachers   *Jay Wittner, President / National Space Society - Southwest Florida Chapter  * George & Don Browning / The Gammons Charitable Foundation  *Dr. Mike Novello, Director / The Private School Consultancy   *Steve McGrath / designer of the X-Prize Eagle for Vanguard Industries and others.

  [http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs191/1113364046546/img/90.jpg]

UPDATES
WHERE, WHEN, WHO, WHAT?!

Greetings!

Check out the latest National Tour - And stay tuned as the Global Flight takes shape for May 2015!

Blogs <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001byEiBXMx749we6ZU9MPiifI2SxOI_VSUnU6d0KyxGqXIVZVtPdH8psOKLNnP3nTDhykbuM2erUYteeNhse9kwIJzmDSASLpErpbA-QBG9FtEW6CcmkpCubZxThh8S7M_zQtfhUf-oGYrD5-BLUO4HEpCEwXXXHllE6DRTsjoqc3I-DkOQawWB6aVl6Z9kEp5&c=X6H183N34NfK--IPOQ6cojMGF8bt41LDnMyyvHFQvf6RDw1hMs-vPA==&ch=GbSnzjKh9Z-YXHIlBw2JMUU9hNzEJ11uBgFUP8PJ5d7G9jPIeA8n_Q==>

Facebook<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001byEiBXMx749we6ZU9MPiifI2SxOI_VSUnU6d0KyxGqXIVZVtPdH8psOKLNnP3nTDYLNzmWFW1mhncER60RT5fdhd9tahuGwS1n2LZd7Nk0QcCLikE1rlQNfHNZ3a8zZoknooJ70ORJu9DVKsayCW3HrlV3TDXm1TYXrlIQ-VLzIgt6VFcRw9_tPBHHoXeBN0p9WXpRPRKB0=&c=X6H183N34NfK--IPOQ6cojMGF8bt41LDnMyyvHFQvf6RDw1hMs-vPA==&ch=GbSnzjKh9Z-YXHIlBw2JMUU9hNzEJ11uBgFUP8PJ5d7G9jPIeA8n_Q==>
Twitter<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001byEiBXMx749we6ZU9MPiifI2SxOI_VSUnU6d0KyxGqXIVZVtPdH8phADa7G74qSE9iEAJ_6eXr-V083_cdEIUc5AKDSFu2CEjBNgyxdlHcVC0wi1QClHBouACs7uSn6aSKuvKKbBDerELfbqId2sozOsPd_tELTE4qN1d9Z9WZzp4HeVOOaF8ex-F3Tlh8mp&c=X6H183N34NfK--IPOQ6cojMGF8bt41LDnMyyvHFQvf6RDw1hMs-vPA==&ch=GbSnzjKh9Z-YXHIlBw2JMUU9hNzEJ11uBgFUP8PJ5d7G9jPIeA8n_Q==>

InstaGram & Free Apps:  Search 'Think Global Flight'

National Tour Overview and Global Flight Updates on Blog<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001byEiBXMx749we6ZU9MPiifI2SxOI_VSUnU6d0KyxGqXIVZVtPdH8psOKLNnP3nTDhykbuM2erUYteeNhse9kwIJzmDSASLpErpbA-QBG9FtEW6CcmkpCubZxThh8S7M_zQtfhUf-oGYrD5-BLUO4HEpCEwXXXHllE6DRTsjoqc3I-DkOQawWB6aVl6Z9kEp5&c=X6H183N34NfK--IPOQ6cojMGF8bt41LDnMyyvHFQvf6RDw1hMs-vPA==&ch=GbSnzjKh9Z-YXHIlBw2JMUU9hNzEJ11uBgFUP8PJ5d7G9jPIeA8n_Q==>

[X]

[X]