[Spacetalk] http://www.nasa.gov/index.html

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 18 06:24:44 CST 2014

Good morning all,
 I hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying the new week, of course, one day at a time...we have to remember the most important day of our lives is the one we are in...if we can do our best, enjoy it, make it special and fun....just one day at a time...it doesn't matter the day of the week or what we do, we will have a very happy life...I was involved with a very interesting project on Friday, it centered around the equipment that tracks all the launches (cameras and telescopes)...called a tracker...., gotta love the fancy name :)...got to meet some very interesting people and see some cool  parts of the space program. You have to love this place, there is always something to explore which takes you, mentally, on exciting adventures with the only limit being your own mind. Have so much to try to get done today so will quickly get this off and wish you a happy day....smile & have fun! Gabe

TRACKER

This Week @ NASA, February 14, 2014<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwMjE0LjI4ODk0MjYxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDIxNC4yODg5NDI2MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3OTU5NjQ5JmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/this-week-nasa-february-14-2014>

Chandra Observatory Sees a Heart in the Darkness<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQwMjE0LjI4ODkxMzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MDIxNC4yODg5MTM1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3OTU5NTkyJmVtYWlsaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9Z2VvcmdlLmdhYnJpZWxsZS0xQGtzYy5uYXNhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.nasa.gov/content/chandra-observatory-sees-a-heart-in-the-darkness>

[http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/12437854453_f256508925_o.jpg?itok=JnbHOkAE]
This Chandra X-Ray Observatory image of the young star cluster NGC 346 highlights a heart-shaped cloud of 8 million-degree Celsius gas in the central region. Evidence from radio, optical and ultraviolet telescopes suggests that the hot cloud, which is about 100 light years across, is the remnant of a supernova explosion that occurred thousands of years ago. The progenitor could have been a companion of the massive young star that is responsible for the bright X-ray source at the top center of the image. This young star, HD 5980, one of the most massive known, has been observed to undergo dramatic eruptions during the last decade. An alternative model for the origin of the hot cloud is that eruptions of HD 5980 long ago produced the cloud of hot gas, in a manner similar to the gas cloud observed around the massive star Eta Carinae. Future observations will be needed to decide between the alternatives. Until then, the nature of the heart in the darkness will remain mysterious. > View original image > More about Chandra Image Credit: NASA/CXC/U.Liege/Y.Nazé et al.

  [http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs191/1113364046546/img/90.jpg]

GLOBAL FLIGHT PLANNING!

 * IMPORTANT NOTICE *
DATE CHANGE

 THINK GLOBAL FLIGHT LIVETV BROADCAST

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18 CHANGED TO
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24 @ 7:00 P.M. EASTERN

Greetings!

WHEN:  NOW - MONDAY, February 24 at 7:00 P.M Eastern

TOPIC:   Extreme Cross Country Planning -
              Around the World or to the Moon & Mars!

Planning to go to the Moon & Mars? Join Capt Judy and Nav Fred with their special guests
[X]
LIVE.  During this broadcast you will discover the extreme cross country planning involved with planning a flight Around the World - or to the Moon & Mars!  Mark your calendars for Monday, February 24, 7:00P.M. Eastern.<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001hHAlVXRME5_ZZBA9daHqLHlTh8JNA-rSJ9Hb60Ug0Q8UcvmnnGqW9IkBiIz8bRenW3HgWI2Ix2r3px7_rLK0TYAKYr2Fj8z5TsDbM1ffKoWI3eFFRrhuLe-CEyPU5lNtlXwQmyCKe9ilhPqCDynlzUBqE-87sFpXEBbSuPxekJBXh3HNhF2H3kz9tvpj6Fh11H-2MPfztro4N67d4zOUsFQS4oV6uARQ&c=ZvGfUu_-MDHfEAb6TSwM0o7NT8OYL9LCUf0YbFtYM4at5tVVaXAoWw==&ch=zTog9_5JyAMXLNskeLDLKdKgPnrpkXiXAQ1sIZRwmQ693PWZPbGtaQ==>

No registration required.  If you wish to participate and text questions, you must click on 'Follow' completing the simple form with name and email. Click Here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=b5j5r7pab.0.icw7w9pab.swiw97mab.&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2Fnew.livestream.com%2FDiscoverAviationTV%2Fevents%2F2758856> to join our LIVE BROADCAST!
Remember to place your VOTE<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=b5j5r7pab.0.rmgdx9pab.swiw97mab.&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2Fsmallbusinessgrant.fedex.com%2FGallery%2FDetail%2F405e83b5-502c-49b2-ba7c-b95d5d9ea234> now for TGF to be one of ten FedEx Grant Recipients!

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/asteroid/asteroid-redirect-mission-20140214/index.html>
Responding to Potential Asteroid Redirect Targets
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/asteroid/asteroid-redirect-mission-20140214/index.html>
One year ago, on Feb. 15, 2013, the world was witness to the dangers presented by near-Earth Objects (NEOs) when a relatively small asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere, exploding over Chelyabinsk, Russia, and releasing more energy than a large atomic bomb. Tracking near-Earth asteroids has been a significant endeavor for NASA and the broader astronomical community, which has discovered 10,713 known near-Earth objects to date.