[Spacetalk] group email from Gabe @ KSC

Gabrielle, George F. (KSC-ISC-4011)[URS Federal Technical Services, Inc.] george.f.gabrielle at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 13 06:21:35 CST 2014

Good morning all,
 I know some of you are dealing with another bad storm...we have been fortunate, just a little rain...I still can't talk...my throat is very sore...it's interesting to realize how much of a challenge it is to try to communicate with very little words and people sure look at you funny :) I am sending this with the new group email and it will be interesting to see how we develop it together...I really want to cut down on the undeliverables and this will give you an easy way to unsubscribe, if you choose...so wishing you a happy day, we have to remember to always do our best, enjoy everything we do, be thankful for the good in our lives, smile & have fun! Gabe

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/news/ganymede20140212/index.html>
Largest Solar System Moon Detailed in Geologic Map
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/news/ganymede20140212/index.html>
More than 400 years after its discovery by astronomer Galileo Galilei, the largest moon in the solar system - Jupiter's moon Ganymede - has finally claimed a spot on the map. A group of scientists led by Geoffrey Collins of Wheaton College has produced the first global geologic map of Ganymede. The map combines the best images obtained during flybys conducted by NASA's Voyager 1 and 2 spacecraft (1979) and Galileo orbiter (1995 to 2003) and is now published by the U. S. Geological Survey.<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/news/ganymede20140212/index.html>

<http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/msl/curiosity-martian-dune-20140211/index.html>
Curiosity Drives On After Crossing Martian Dune
 <http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/msl/curiosity-martian-dune-20140211/index.html>
NASA's Curiosity Mars rover is continuing its traverse toward enticing science destinations after climbing over a dune spanning a gap in a ridge. The rover covered 135 feet (41.1 meters) on Feb. 9, in its first drive since the 23-foot (7-meter) crossing of the dune on Feb. 6. An animated sequence of images from the low-slung Hazard-Avoidance Camera on the rear of the vehicle documents the up-then-down crossing of the dune.

Read More: CubeSat Work Proceeds as Crew Landing Moves Up a Day

Set of NanoRacks CubeSats Deployed From International Space Station
ISS038-E-045009 (11 Feb. 2014) --- The Small Satellite Orbital Deployer (SSOD), in the grasp of the Kibo laboratory robotic arm, is photographed by an Expedition 38 crew member on the International Space Station as it deploys a set of NanoRacks CubeSats. The CubeSats program contains a variety of experiments such as Earth observations and advanced electronics testing. Station solar array panels, Earth's horizon and the blackness of space provide the backdrop for the scene.